X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

First Omega, then Delta now how about... Sigma

About a year or so ago a rumor surfaced on these boards that Classé was working on the next SSP and it would be introduced sometime this year. It was presumed that it would be the follow-up to the current SSP-800. In reality the rumor was only partially true. Classé was indeed working on a new SSP but it wasn't the next generation Delta SSP but rather an all new SSP that would become the basis for a whole new series called Sigma.

The new series sits below the Delta series but it continues Classé's tradition to offer high performance value in the markets it is targeting. Details about the new SSP are still sketchy as the new series is still in unofficial development stages but it is targeting a $5K price point at this time. Additional information will be posted here in time for CEDIA 2013. If you have any questions you would like forwarded on now's the time to ask.

In addition to the new SSP there will be a couple of new amplifiers as well. One two-channel (AMP2) and the other five-channel (AMP5).

Attached below is a preliminary (unofficial) photo of the processor and amplifier shells.

Last edited by RebelMan; 22 July 2013, 06:02 Monday.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
  • ryst
    • May 2007

Will the new Sigma SSP stream .flac from my network?
    Do it have a larger touch screen than SSP-800?
    HDMI2.0?

Comment

• leo2498
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by RebelMan
      About a year or so ago a rumor surfaced on these boards that Classé was working on the next SSP and it would be introduced sometime this year. It was presumed that it would be the follow-up to the current SSP-800. In reality the rumor was only partially true. Classé was indeed working on a new SSP but it wasn't the next generation Delta SSP but rather an all new SSP that would become the basis for a whole new series called Sigma.

The new series sits below the Delta series but it continues Classé's tradition to offer high performance value in the markets it is targeting. Details about the new SSP are still sketchy as the new series is still in unofficial development stages but it is targeting a $5K price point at this time. Additional information will be posted here in time for CEDIA 2013. If you have any questions you would like forwarded on now's the time to ask.

In addition to the new SSP there will be a couple of new amplifiers as well. One two-channel (AMP2) and the other five-channel (AMP5).

Attached below is a preliminary (unofficial) photo of the processor and amplifier shells.

the picture doesn't work.
      Leo,
      Saludos
      My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Not sure why that happened but it's working now.

Comment

• leo2498
          • Feb 2012

looks pretty awesome and it will be in my budget target for a SSP, I will be waiting this anxiously
          Leo,
          Saludos
          My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• RebelMan
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

The questions I pass along will be answered in time for CEDIA. Until then I can only speculate what the answers will be for a few. I've been told the touch screen in the SSP-800 will be discontinued for future products. This was due in part to supplier parts availability, in other words, they are not making them anymore. Classé switched to the new touchscreen found in the CP-800 partly for this reason. The other reason is the higher resolution and increased width of the screen. Classé will most likely use the same display in the Sigma series.

I seriously doubt HDMI 2.0 will be in the new SSP. HDMI 2.0 hasn't been finalized and the current standard (HDMI 1.4) supports all the necessary features including 4K. So unless one is planning to spend lots of money to be on the cutting edge with 60fps UHD devices there's no applicable need to include it anytime soon. My dad use to say "Knowledge acquired but not applied is useless." Switched up a bit I say "Features acquired and not applied are useless."

We'll have to wait and see if streaming content from the network like FLAC will be supported. I think it should be given that many AVR's do.

Comment

• RebelMan
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by leo2498
              looks pretty awesome and it will be in my budget target for a SSP, I will be waiting this anxiously
              Microprocessor technology has advanced to the point where I think Classé is now able to offer (even) more for less. Many other high-end companies have taken notice and have been following their lead.

Comment

• ryst
                • May 2007

Look good by the picture. Will Classé offer more color options of the unit?

Comment

• RebelMan
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

Most likely one color but I will see.

Comment

• PewterTA
                    • Nov 2004

People just ask the wrong questions... when can you get me a demo unit! :W ha ha ha

Looks nice, can't wait to see what all it has on it.
                    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                    -Dan

Comment

• leo2498
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by PewterTA
                      People just ask the wrong questions... when can you get me a demo unit! :W ha ha ha

Looks nice, can't wait to see what all it has on it.

Jajajaja me too! please send me a demo.
                      Leo,
                      Saludos

Comment

• RebelMan
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

A demo unit? Ha! If only I were so lucky. If I begged and pleaded, maybe, but that's a big maybe. I've been pressing for details for a couple years now. And that's probably the best I'm gonna do, get the details... finally.

Comment

• NWMusicLover
                          • Nov 2013

I know this thread has been quiet for several months now, but I just returned this evening from the Music Matters event at Definitive Audio in Seattle, where Classe was demonstrating the Sigma SSP along with the Sigma 5 channel amp, driving a pair of B&W CM10 speakers. Several 2 channel digital tracks were played from a MacBook (in Apple Lossless through iTunes) through the USB input of the SSP.

Obviously not an ideal setup for critical listening, but I was quite favorably impressed with the 2 channel performance, and in particular, after the demo of the CA-D200 at last year's event, with Classe's implementation of a D class amplifier.

Had a chance for just a couple of minutes to chat with Dave Nauber from Classe, who told me the DAC in the Sigma SSP is the same chip used in the CP-800, but only one chip per channel rather than the two per channel in the CP-800.

I've been considering upgrading my CAP-2100 to a CP-800 and CA-D200, but as I also do watch movies, I may seriously consider this Sigma combination.

Dave also indicated Classe anticipates the Sigma models to be available sometime this coming summer.

Comment

• TomScrut
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Nov 2013

I wish they would update their website with more info!
                            Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"