X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Telstar
    • Dec 2007

Omega SACD 1 & SACD 2

Opinions?

I'm looking for a SACD player and a friend said lots of good of the Omega SACD.

Tom from Classé just answered to my inquiries and the original model became the Omega SACD 1.
    I wonder if somebody auditioned it or the SACD2 (cheaper) model or owns either of them.
    Last edited by Telstar; 02 January 2008, 18:54 Wednesday.
  • Telstar
    • Dec 2007

modified

Comment

• Aldo
      • Sep 2005

I have the SACD 2, it is my must beloved peace of equipment!
      Product quality is just amazing, but the sound is just.... out of this world!
      If you can get one used do it!

Comment

• Telstar
        • Dec 2007

I found one sacd1 used but the price was still too much. Hope to find a sacd2 one day

Comment

• Aldo
          • Sep 2005

I saw one at audiogon about a year ago! keep looking, you never regret!

Comment

• Glen B
            Super Senior Member
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Telstar
            I found one sacd1 used but the price was still too much. Hope to find a sacd2 one day
            This may be heresy but while you're waiting for that elusive SACD 1 or 2 to show up, you might find it worth your while to audition the new Marantz Reference Series SA-11S2 and SA-7 SACD players. I have owned the SA-11S2 since November and not only is it a killer SACD player, its redbook performance gives up very little to SACD. Some owners have reported disc reading problems with both models - which use the same transport - but they seem no worse than problems with Delta CD players reported here at HT Guide. My player has performed flawlessly to date.

Comment

• Aldo
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Glen B
              This may be heresy but while you're waiting for that elusive SACD 1 or 2 to show up, you might find it worth your while to audition the new Marantz Reference Series SA-11S2 and SA-7 SACD players. I have owned the SA-11S2 since November and not only is it a killer SACD player, its redbook performance gives up very little to SACD. Some owners have reported disc reading problems with both models - which use the same transport - but they seem no worse than problems with Delta CD players reported here at HT Guide. My player has performed flawlessly to date.
              I had not a single problem with my player, but the Marantz get really good reviews in many magazines including Stereophile, so I think it is a good value!

Comment

• Gremal
                • Apr 2007

I decided to join Aldo and get an SACD 2. I've never heard one, though, and it's not like me to get gear without carefully demo-ing it first. Hope I made the right decision! It should be here on Saturday (four more days).
                Last edited by Gremal; 11 November 2008, 17:51 Tuesday.
                Integrated 7.1 HT and Two-Channel System
                Pioneer KRP-600M | VAC Phi Beta 110i | to be determined front end
                B&W 802D | B&W HTM1D | B&W ASW-825 | B&W N805 | B&W SCM1
                VPI Scout | Oppo BDP-95 | Tivo Series 3 | Integra DTC-9.8
                Audio Refinement Multi-5 | PS Audio Premier | Goertz and Electra Glide cables

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"