X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DanR
    • Dec 2004

Thoughts on the ASW800??

Couldn't resist the discounts on what is soon going to be the "old" Nautilus stuff, so I bought the ASW800 to go with by N802's(anybody else think the new prices seem a bit ridiculous for diamond technology- which isn't even new unto itself). Anybody have this sub that is willing to share it musical worthiness. I listen to 2-channel only in a moderate sized room(22x17).
    :B It's all about the MUSIC!!!
  • caleb
    • Aug 2004

Asw800

I have heard this only as a demo and it was very musical. but could also raise the roof when needed.

Only bettered by the ASW850 (and I suppose now the ASW875 to be).

Wish I could find an ASW850 going cheap!!

Caleb

Comment

• gostan
      • May 2003

For 2 channel stereo, the asw800 will be a great upgrade for the N802's. But, if the price is right go with the 850. I am running the same with m 803's and it was worth the extra dinero.
      Stan

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

It's only worth it if you get a great discount... There's a lot of other companies that have better subs and are cheaper.

The ASW line is good, but WAY over priced.
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• DanR
          • Dec 2004

I was able to get the ASW850 for $2300.00- so it seemed worth it.
          :B It's all about the MUSIC!!!

Comment

• Rags
            • Aug 2003

I have heard a lot of subs in the ASW850's price range and imho its one of the best out there. At $3,000 it is cheaper than a Velodyne DD15 and competes head on with it. I choose it over the DD series. Most people who dont rate the ASW850 havent really heard it properly.

I have compared it to significantly cheaper SVS subs such as the PB12+ and the PC Ultra and it was much better. A friend of mine sold his SVS PC Ultra (he had the PB2+ prior to that) to buy the ASW850 and reckoned it was worth the extra dosh for the performance alone (and that not even bringing in the looks and finish side of things on which SVS subs are generally hopeless!). I know a more comparable SVS sub in terms of price would be the PB12 Ultra/2 but I havent done that comparison yet.

And the price you got it for was a steal :T

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"