This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

I take it those are sound absorption paneling on the front....!??! How do you like the sound of the 802Dis now that you have those behind them?!?
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• TomScrut
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Nov 2013

Wow Edgeyboy, our paths have crossed plenty of times on other forums but never realised you had such a kick ass setup! My system aspires to be like yours! Well I plan to buy 802s some day, already got a Classe amp.....

Anyway here's my setup, room not ideal but the Audyssey Pro sorts a lot of that out.

Room not the most tidy it's ever been but hey ho!
      Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• jeepers
        • Mar 2010

Tom (Edgeyboy) - I noticed you have 2 DB1's, mine will most likely be delivered next week. Out of curiosity; what crossover frequency did you use ?

Comment

• Marco Lisi
          • May 2008

Last edited by Marco Lisi; 31 December 2013, 06:38 Tuesday.
          Diamond Room
          Acoustical treated room with reference 7.3 av system

Comment

• Edgeyboy
            • Nov 2006

80Hz. My install was done by a professional from the UK ADA supplier with full PEQ done on the ADA CRM4B and I have to say, he did a great job.
            2 DB1's is more than double one , if you know what I mean.
            Adding the second sub transformed the soundstage.
            There's just so much more headroom.

Comment

• Rod#S
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Marco Lisi
              Mother of God! Now that's a B&W room, awesome.
              B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• jeepers
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Edgeyboy
                80Hz. My install was done by a professional from the UK ADA supplier with full PEQ done on the ADA CRM4B and I have to say, he did a great job.
                2 DB1's is more than double one , if you know what I mean.
                Adding the second sub transformed the soundstage.
                There's just so much more headroom.
                Tom ...thanks for the information. The crossover frequency depends on several factors; the main speakers, room characteristics etc... I am glad you are happy, you have a great system.

Marco Lisi ....wow what can I say about the Diamond Room ? I wish I had one like that.
                My current setup is a pair of 800 Diamonds for a 2 channel system to be complemented with a pair of DB1's this week...I hope. Do you have any advice to give on the crossover frequency; what is the crossover frequency in that room and how was it determined ? The 2 subs will be positioned between the 800's.

Comment

• Marco Lisi
                  • May 2008

Hi Jeepers

Thank you.

You are putting together a beautiful system yourself! You'll be delighted with the 2 DB-1's...

My acoustics were done by Mutrox Soundproof Solutions.
                  Afterwards I started listening / experimenting with crossover frequencies.
                  I mainly listened to piano music to determine the crossover frequency (80Hz) and the slope of the filter (12dB).

But these settings can be influenced a great deal by personal taste.

Kind regards
                  Diamond Room

Comment

• peter clarke
                    • Oct 2006

Marco Lisi, Awsome Diamond Room!!!! Can I ask the dimensions of the room & amplifiers used??Unbelievable.

Comment

• Marco Lisi
                      • May 2008

Hi Peter

Thanx man.

The room is about 7,5m x 6,5m...almost 50m2.

Acoustically the room is even bigger.
                      You can see acoustic transparant fabric with all the numbers on?
                      Behind them it's still 1,5m until the outer wall.

I use 4 NAD Master Series M2 to power up the 800's as you can see.

Diamond Room

Comment

• PewterTA
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Rod#S
                        Mother of God! Now that's a B&W room, awesome.
                        +2,000,000

LOL

Looks awesome Marco! I'll be right over to demo some things!

Are those all projectors on the film real countdowns (so like 6 projectors) or are those all painted on the wall?
                        -Dan

Comment

• Marco Lisi
                          • May 2008

Hi PewterTA

Thank you.

The projectors are in fact printed fabric (acoustical transparant).
                          If you are ever in the neighborhood, please stop by.

Have a happy NewYear!
                          Diamond Room

Comment

• emig5m
                            • Aug 2008

Dayum!!! Can you do some videos with that system in action? Maybe a movie and some music?

Comment

• PewterTA
                              • Nov 2004

If I ever make it to Belgium! I'll be sure to let you know and come hang out!

Happy New Years to you too!
                              -Dan

Comment

• Rod#S
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by emig5m
                                Dayum!!! Can you do some videos with that system in action? Maybe a movie and some music?
                                Check out his signature, there is a link to a youtube clip, very cool to see the whole room.
                                B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• TomScrut
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Nov 2013

WOW Marco. And its all powered by batteries????
                                  Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• jeepers
                                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by TomScrut
                                    WOW Marco. And its all powered by batteries????
                                    Click on 'Diamond Room' in his signature; it's explained.

...The whole AV system is battery powered. Two PurePower 2000 models power our complete audio system, while a PurePower 700 feeds our JVC projector...

Comment

• TomScrut
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by jeepers
                                      Click on 'Diamond Room' in his signature; it's explained.

...The whole AV system is battery powered. Two PurePower 2000 models power our complete audio system, while a PurePower 700 feeds our JVC projector...
                                      Yeah I read that, that's how I knew it was battery powered. I was just thinking they must need a fair bit of recharging!

Comment

• Marco Lisi
                                        • May 2008

Hi TomScrut

The power supplies are continues in the mains charging. The PurePower 2000 models can deliver 2000 Watts continues power.
                                        Everything from source to sub is connected. And yes, the batteries can manage. At fairly louder levels the load is between 35-40% per battery.
                                        In fact they are power regenerators creating a clean and stable sinus.

The great advantage is that you are virtually disconnected of the mains.
                                        Sound wise you get more ease, black background and no grain at all. Timbres become more natural.

For the image it also works wonders.

Funny, how the PurePower supplies originated in the medical sector.

Kind regards

Diamond Room

Comment

• TimbaLand
                                          • Aug 2013

Marco I have nevwer seen a beautiful setup like that. The sound must be aamazing. Put me in your will for the setup. I will pay for shipping to South Africa when I become the heir

Comment

• kcsun
                                            • Jan 2012

Marco
                                            one word

AWESOOOOOOOMMMEEE

You will tell us next you live in a one bedroom apartment!!
                                            kc
                                            Arcam avr600, Sky HD 2Tb, Oppo 103D, Sony VPL-VW500ES, Phillips large Pronto pro remote
                                            B&W 803Di speakers, B&W HTM2Di centre speaker, B&W 7NT in wall rear speakers, B&W ASW1000 Sub

Comment

• Marco Lisi
                                              • May 2008

Hi kc

Thank you.

How did you know that I live in a one bedroom....good one.

I got my first system when I was 3 years old: a turntable with with one speaker that you could attach on the tabel so you could easily put it away afterwards.
                                              Since that mono system I've been building for 40 years, so...

But like many of you guys out here, it's a dream come true.

Kind regards
                                              Diamond Room

Comment

• Maarten
                                                • Jan 2010

Funny to see the Diamond room here. Ive heard about this a couple of months ago.
                                                I live not far from this and I always wanted a chanse to experiance this setup.
                                                I learned about it via Mutrox who designed this room. I'm thinking about room accoustics, but i dont think my current room is suited for this kind of investment.
                                                The room is only 5x5m and has a window in it.

Picturequality is not so good but you can get an idea of my setup.

Last edited by Maarten; 06 January 2014, 14:43 Monday.

Comment

• Marco Lisi
                                                  • May 2008

Originally posted by Maarten
                                                  Funny to see the Diamond room here. Ive heard about this a couple of months ago.
                                                  Hello Maarten

What a nice coincidence. Please feel free to come over for drinks and a movie :-)
                                                  I would be happy to provide you with a Diamond Room experience.

Send me an email if you want to set this up.

PS/Nice setup by the way.

Kind regards
                                                  Diamond Room

Comment

• TomScrut
                                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                                    • Nov 2013

I learned about it via Mutrox who designed this room. I'm thinking about room accoustics, but i dont think my current room is suited for this kind of investment.
                                                    The room is only 5x5m and has a window in it.

Picturequality is not so good but you can get an idea of my setup.

Nice setup! Is that a 5200 or 5300 you use or do you use more than one amp? I just wondered how it sounded with 802s as I had heard that only the monos do them justice but if I buy 802s I won't be able to afford monos for a while!

Comment

• PewterTA
                                                      • Nov 2004

Marteen,

The room looks awesome! Love the Class gear!

I think you need to provide another audiophile your hand-me-downs of those B&Ws and get yourself some Diamonds.

Ha ha ha.

Looks good! Is that a DB1 over on the right? Nice!
                                                      -Dan

Comment

• Maarten
                                                        • Jan 2010

Its indeed the CA5200 and db1 in the corner.
                                                        I never tested the mono's but the classe is more than enough for me now.
                                                        It can easily hande the 5.1 setup.

At this point for me the next step is to look at the room instead of what electronics i should get.
                                                        Maybe i could move the db1 to the left of the right front. Sometimes the sub is a bit boomy.
                                                        Last edited by Maarten; 06 January 2014, 15:48 Monday.

Comment

• TomScrut
                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                          • Nov 2013

Its indeed the CA5200 and db1 in the corner.
                                                          I never tested the mono's but the classe is more than enough for me now.
                                                          It can easily hande the 5.1 setup.

At this point for me the next step is to look at the room instead of what electronics i should get.
                                                          Maybe i could move the db1 to the left of the right front. Sometimes the sub is a bit boomy.
                                                          That's what I was hoping! Mine easily deals with my 803s but I was lead to believe the 802s were too much for it

Comment

• wcjulyan
                                                            • Jan 2013

Pic of my B&W system

This is my system: 804 Diamond L/R, HTM4 Diamond center, 4 805 Diamonds (surround and rear); SVS SB-13 Ultra sub; McIntosh MX121 pre/pro and MC8207 amp; Sony 4K 65XBR900; Oppo BDP-105

Comment

• TomScrut
                                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                                              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by wcjulyan
                                                              This is my system: 804 Diamond L/R, HTM4 Diamond center, 4 805 Diamonds (surround and rear); SVS SB-13 Ultra sub; McIntosh MX121 pre/pro and MC8207 amp; Sony 4K 65XBR900; Oppo BDP-105

Nice! Very neatly done too with your equipment in the wall.

Comment

• kcsun
                                                                • Jan 2012

Quick question
                                                                Great looking system, do you gain rear access to your amps from the room behind when you wire things up?
                                                                Did you origionally have in wall front speakers or are they sound panels?
                                                                kc
                                                                Arcam avr600, Sky HD 2Tb, Oppo 103D, Sony VPL-VW500ES, Phillips large Pronto pro remote
                                                                B&W 803Di speakers, B&W HTM2Di centre speaker, B&W 7NT in wall rear speakers, B&W ASW1000 Sub

Comment

• wcjulyan
                                                                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by kcsun
                                                                  Quick question
                                                                  Great looking system, do you gain rear access to your amps from the room behind when you wire things up?
                                                                  Did you origionally have in wall front speakers or are they sound panels?
                                                                  kc
                                                                  You have a good eye! Originally I had Boston Acoustics VR40 towers and a VR12 center in boxes in the wall with cloth panels covering them. The B&W 804's didn't fit into the same narrow spaces, so I put them in front, somewhat closer together and toed in a little. For the HTM4, which is higher than the VR12, I added a wood shelf extension. The wall was built into an existing family room (after the kids moved out) and has access space behind it, which I can get to through an access door in a closet in an adjacent room. There's plenty of room behind the wall and the shelves are adjustable. I've changed all of the equipment over the ten plus years since the wall was built. I should have made the speaker boxes a little bigger, but, other than that, the wall has been flexible enough to let me change equipment whenever I get the urge.

Comment

• madmac
                                                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                                                    • Aug 2010

Nice system!!. I like the fact that you have the sub setup in the middle of things. I like the concept, and you probably get smoother, less colored bass performance that way!.
                                                                    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• SPACEMANRICK
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • May 2005

Marco, I am going to France in March for a family vacation. I think it would be worth the detour to go to Belgium just to experience your beautiful sound room.....Heck it would be worth it to travel from Vancouver to Belgium just to have a listen Enjoy in good health!

Comment

• SPACEMANRICK
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • May 2005

Originally posted by TomScrut
                                                                        Nice! Very neatly done too with your equipment in the wall.
                                                                        I also love the equipment rack built into the wall and the stand for the center channel!

Comment

• Marco Lisi
                                                                          Member
                                                                          • May 2008

Tx Spacemanrick

You are welcome in March, by all means!

Kind regards
                                                                          Diamond Room

Comment

• ninja12
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Mar 2007
                                                                            • 181

WOW!!!! This is just one SWEET setup hands down!!! Is your center channel behind your screen?

Comment

• Marco Lisi
                                                                              Member
                                                                              • May 2008
                                                                              • 84

Hi ninja 12

Yes it is...as you can see.

Kind regards

Diamond Room

Comment

• kcsun
                                                                                Member
                                                                                • Jan 2012
                                                                                • 69

Originally posted by SPACEMANRICK
                                                                                Marco, I am going to France in March for a family vacation
                                                                                If you are heading to SW France, department 31 Haute Garonne and I am at home you are welcome to call in for a "home theatre" chat and a meal (I work two weeks UK then semi-retired in SW France for two weeks!!)

unboxing my new Sony VW500 and Oppo 103d next week - can't wait woohoo

kc

Comment

• SPACEMANRICK
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • May 2005
                                                                                  • 200

Thanks Marco and kcsun for the kind invitations from over in Europe! I would love the take you both up on your generous and kind offers but we will only be travelling to Paris and Nice this year. Perhaps on my next trip I will book off a few days for some listening sessions......:^x

Comment

• Marco Lisi
                                                                                    Member
                                                                                    • May 2008
                                                                                    • 84

Hi guys

I've put up a dedicated website about the Diamond Room.
                                                                                    Please check it out?

Here's the brand new Facebook page.
                                                                                    Would you be so kind to like it?

Thank you all :T
                                                                                    Diamond Room

Comment

• mjb
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • Mar 2005
                                                                                      • 1483

Marco, I'd feel happier about you promoting the "Diamond Room" if you added a full disclosure statement.
                                                                                      - Mike

Main System:
                                                                                      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                                                                                      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• jeepers
                                                                                        Member
                                                                                        • Mar 2010
                                                                                        • 40

Marco, I have read some posts on other forums where people were wondering why the Diamond room speakers were powered by NAD amps and why not by McIntosh or Classe or Krell or ... Can you shed a light on why you decided to use these NAD's ?

Comment

• Marco Lisi
                                                                                          Member
                                                                                          • May 2008
                                                                                          • 84

Hi Jeepers

At the time of making the amplifier choice I've put in a lot of listening time. Listened to almost all of the known brand and the obvious combinations/choices.
                                                                                          But when I put the NAD M2 into the battery feed, something magical happened. It outperforms itself and takes perfect control of the Bowers & Wilkins 800.
                                                                                          As explained in the video you get all the power, control, speed and resolution of a digital amp, but also the smoothness, natural timbres and involvement of class AB and/of tubes.

The years before finishing the Diamond Room I had a complete Lyngdorf system, so I was already kind of hooked to digital amplification.

Another reason why is that the NAD tends to project very expressively and not in a traditional way of building up a podium behind the speakers.
                                                                                          In combination with the type and brand of cables I use, I chose for direct, dynamic and (very) honest sound.
                                                                                          The big advantage for surround is that you create this 'sound bubble' in which it's hard to pinpoint speakers in the room.

Listening to a system in a acoustical optimized room sheds a whole other light to things!

Kind regards
                                                                                          Diamond Room

Comment

• TomScrut
                                                                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                            • Nov 2013
                                                                                            • 532

I know my Classe amp doesn't like mains filters etc, maybe the same would be happening with the battery supply?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"