This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rod#S
    • Oct 2010

Very nice, the system looks great, the center brings the front together nicely.
    B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• BVLDARI
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Rod#S
      Very nice, the system looks great, the center brings the front together nicely.

Thanks Rod. We are very pleased with how everything came out. We debated on ordering the black center for a while but finally decided that we should match all of the speakers. No regrets

Comment

• leo2498
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by BVLDARI
        Here are a couple of updated pictures of the system. I added an HTM2 and a salamander design synergy TV stand. I also mounted the TV on the wall. I am very very happy with the results. I still can’t believe how big of a difference the HTM2 made. I am also debating on pushing the left speaker a little bit further out to the left. No walls on the right. Speakers are just under 8 ft. apart now. With how relatively big the center is, I am starting to think that 8ft apart is not far enough.
        Looks Awesome! congrats
        Leo,
        Saludos
        My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

BVLDARI Love it!!!

I was thinking about the Rosenut finish and ended up with Piano Black... there's still part of me that goes back and forth on what I should've gotten. Should get a whole second system. LMAO.
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by PewterTA
            I was thinking about the Rosenut finish and ended up with Piano Black... there's still part of me that goes back and forth on what I should've gotten. Should get a whole second system. LMAO.
            I know. I know. I got Piano Black for the front 3 because they make a definite statement. I got Rosenut for the surrounds because they disappear.
            Kal Rubinson

Comment

• BVLDARI
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by PewterTA
              BVLDARI Love it!!!

I feel the exact same way about the black

Comment

• Katje
                • Nov 2012

Hello everybody,

Today I am proud to share with you al, my little story and some pictures.

First I want to thank the person(s) who put this forum together. I have been reading a lot and I still do. Learning all the time.
                One thing I have learned is that it takes a lot of time to build a great project. Patience is the key. A second thing I learned is positioning to find the best spot for listening sessions. I also had to learn about currency.( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjNfhsqu86s if not allowed please remove link)

I saw many great and lovely set-ups. Congratulations to you all.

I can't write like some of you, but here is my little story.ops:

It all started more than a year ago. I wanted a new CD player. So after reading a lot of reviews, I went to a dealer. After 3 to 4 weeks my new gear finally arrived. After hearing it, i decided very quickly that nice gear should have a decent rack. For Christmas I got a 3D Blu-Ray player from the greatest man in the world.

When I am busy, the tuner plays mostly at -77, -75. My system goes from -80 to above 0. The sound is warm and very detailed. When listening at -65 (tuner or CD), I can only say wow. At -55 I'm blown away. Room size approximately 7.45 * 4.35 meters.

The sound is so good that I've decided to buy a vinyl player.

Each day I have my wow effect. It's like a dream come true.
                I hope you enjoy the pictures.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	F3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	858390

Name:	F1.jpg
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	858389

Name:	F2.jpg
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	858388

Have a good listening and a fine day.

Greetings,

Katrien
                Katrien

B&W 683,
                HK980 TU, HK980 HD, HK980 HK, HK 3D BLU-RAY player BDT30.

Wishlist:

Pro-ject xTension 9 with 9cc Evolution tonearm
                Ortofon 2m Silver (If there isn't any cartridge delivered with the turntable)
                QED Reference Audio analog interconnect (For tuner, CD player and Blu-ray player)

Comment

• BWLover
                  • Jan 2009

What do you have for gear? I'm glad your liking the 683's :-)

Sent from my iPhone using the Tapatalk app
                  Bowers & Wilkins 683 Speakers
                  Rotel RB-1090 2 Channel Amp
                  Rotel RC-1082 Stereo Pre Amp
                  Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
                  Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red (sitting on a piece of slate supported by 3 "solid tech feet of silence" isolation feet)
                  Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner
                  Shynyata Research SR-Z1 Power Outlet & Venom 3 Power Cords x 4
                  Tara Labs RSC Vector 1 Speaker Cables & Interconnects
                  Pioneer PDP-5070HD 50" Plasma
                  Playstation 3
                  Shaw HD PVR
                  Primacoustic Room Treatments

Comment

• Katje
                    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by BWLover
                    What do you have for gear? I'm glad your liking the 683's :-)
                    I have tuner, cd and amp from Harman Kardon the 980 serie and the 3d blu-ray player BDT30
                    Katrien

B&W 683,

Wishlist:

QED Reference Audio analog interconnect (For tuner, CD player and Blu-ray player)

Comment

• b.b
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Katje
                      Hello everybody,

Today I am proud to share with you al, my little story and some pictures.

First I want to thank the person(s) who put this forum together. I have been reading a lot and I still do. Learning all the time.
                      One thing I have learned is that it takes a lot of time to build a great project. Patience is the key. A second thing I learned is positioning to find the best spot for listening sessions. I also had to learn about currency.( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjNfhsqu86s if not allowed please remove link)

I saw many great and lovely set-ups. Congratulations to you all.

I can't write like some of you, but here is my little story.ops:

It all started more than a year ago. I wanted a new CD player. So after reading a lot of reviews, I went to a dealer. After 3 to 4 weeks my new gear finally arrived. After hearing it, i decided very quickly that nice gear should have a decent rack. For Christmas I got a 3D Blu-Ray player from the greatest man in the world.

When I am busy, the tuner plays mostly at -77, -75. My system goes from -80 to above 0. The sound is warm and very detailed. When listening at -65 (tuner or CD), I can only say wow. At -55 I'm blown away. Room size approximately 7.45 * 4.35 meters.

The sound is so good that I've decided to buy a vinyl player.

Each day I have my wow effect. It's like a dream come true.
                      I hope you enjoy the pictures.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]21968[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21967[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21966[/ATTACH]

Have a good listening and a fine day.

Greetings,

Katrien
                      If your don't mind !
                      this's system has too bad Interconnect cable!
                      Last edited by b.b; 06 June 2013, 12:38 Thursday.

Comment

• Katje
                        • Nov 2012

If you mean the cables between the different components.
                        I know, but then we are talking about upgrades. These cables were delivered with each component. There isn't even a cable connected to the 3 D Blu-ray player.
                        I just wanted to show a few quick pictures of my humble system as a start. The reason that the cables are visible that way, is because I was preparing my rack to ad a turntable.
                        I was thinking about adding the Pro-Ject Carbon Esprit with acrylic platter and Ortofon 2m red cartridge and a heavy resonance free base Ground it deluxe.
                        But now I waiting for the Pro-ject xTension 9 with 9cc Evolution tonearm to come out. Probably at the same time I will add some good cables.
                        But first thinks first. It took me more than 4 years to have the money.
                        And my project is far from finished.
                        Katrien

B&W 683,

Wishlist:

Comment

• leo2498
                          • Feb 2012

I know, but then we are talking about upgrades. These cables were delivered with each component. There isn't even a cable connected to the 3 D Blu-ray player.
                          I just wanted to show a few quick pictures of my humble system as a start. The reason that the cables are visible that way, is because I was preparing my rack to ad a turntable.
                          I was thinking about adding the Pro-Ject Carbon Esprit with acrylic platter and Ortofon 2m red cartridge and a heavy resonance free base Ground it deluxe.
                          But now I waiting for the Pro-ject xTension 9 with 9cc Evolution tonearm to come out. Probably at the same time I will add some good cables.

you don't worry about it, many of us need to save up many years for we can afford this kind of toys too so you are not alone in this trips! enjoy your new toys that is the funny things of this hobby. BTW the expensive cables not every one can hear any improvement with them so the cheap ones could work too!
                          Leo,
                          Saludos
                          My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• mjb
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Mar 2005

First, congratulations, you have a great system. I have a Pro-Ject (RPM-5) turntable, and am very pleased with it, thoroughly recommended. Saving, and tweaking: the patience is worth the results :T
                            - Mike

Main System:
                            B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                            Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• BVLDARI
                              • Dec 2012

My personal advice is to buy “quality” cables not “expensive” cables. The stuff that comes in the box is really not very good. You don’t have to spend thousands or hundreds, but I do think that if you spend a few dollars you can get a well made cable that will not fall apart and will last a long time and you can be sure is transferring the electricity correctly. However, if you are enjoying the sound right now and the cables are functioning ok – I wouldn’t bother changing a thing.

Comment

• Katje
                                • Nov 2012

@ leo2498 I certainly will. Beautiful setup

@ mjb Thank you. These words mean a lot to me. BTW really nice setup.

@BVLDARI You also have a nice setup

As a newcomer I wonder if I may post some unboxing pictures here of my turntable the day I get one?
                                I did some research and I have made my mind up about those interconnects.
                                Therefore I made a wish list in my signature.
                                Katrien

B&W 683,

Wishlist:

Comment

• b.b
                                  • Oct 2012

Ok, I agree with you.
                                  Your far far away friend

Comment

• Pio
                                    • Nov 2005

We recently relocated back to Miami, the new room is big! The 802's fill it beautiful!
                                    Stereo: Revel F208, Parasound JC2, JC1's, Oppo HA-1, VPI, Dynavector, Moon

HT: B&W 802D2, 805S, HTM4, Marantz, OPPO BDP95, Velodyne DD-12's

HP / secondary system: Woo Audio W2, Carver Sunfire, Kef LS50, Denon, and too many headphones to list

Comment

• BVLDARI
                                      • Dec 2012

very nice.

Comment

• Katje
                                        • Nov 2012

@ Pio That's very beautiful.
                                        Katrien

B&W 683,

Wishlist:

Comment

• Pio
                                          • Nov 2005

Thanks Katje, and BVLDARI

Here's some pics of the set up in my office:

Stereo: Revel F208, Parasound JC2, JC1's, Oppo HA-1, VPI, Dynavector, Moon

HT: B&W 802D2, 805S, HTM4, Marantz, OPPO BDP95, Velodyne DD-12's

HP / secondary system: Woo Audio W2, Carver Sunfire, Kef LS50, Denon, and too many headphones to list

Comment

• Grzywa
                                            • Apr 2013

OK, here's small update of my humble setup. I've added 2x SVS SB13Ultra. All speakers are crossovered at 80Hz. Well sound improved a lot in lower end. I's way more detailed and power, authority... well more than I expected. And I must say they blended with B&W's very well.

Now my question is - would DB1 outperform Dual SB13U form SVS ? ;-)
                                            Attached Files
                                            Audio
                                            Source/Display
                                            Cabling/Power
                                            AV: Onkyo TX-NR818 + BT
                                            F: 683 (Bi-amp)
                                            C: Boston VR12
                                            S: 685
                                            Sub: 2x SVS SB13-Ultra
                                            12TB Media server (XBMC Database)
                                            Intel NUC i3 XBMC Media clients
                                            PS3 Slim SSD
                                            xBox 360 Slim
                                            D-Link WiDi
                                            Samsung 51" PS51E6500
                                            Optoma HD33
                                            Gigabit Cisco SLM Switches
                                            HDMI - all 1.4a 1m to 15m long
                                            Fornt LFQ: 4mm OFC solid core + thin fibres
                                            Front HFQ, Center: Belden Audio 4mm OFC - med fibres
                                            Rear: 2,5mm OFC (15m)
                                            CyberPower UPS (Sine wave)

Comment

• windshear
                                              • Dec 2004

Looking very nice. I don't think the DB1 will outperform the dual SB13U's. You will probably get smoother bass if you are able to optimise your subwoofer positions. Plus a single DB1 with its dual firing drivers will not fit into either of your current sub positions without one of the drivers firing into a surface which is definitely a no no. IF the SB13U's will go as low as the DB1 is another question but we might only be talking a few Hz extra extension and you may gain that from actually using the 2 subs and optimise their extension and response through placement.

Comment

• Grzywa
                                                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by windshear
                                                Looking very nice. I don't think the DB1 will outperform the dual SB13U's. You will probably get smoother bass if you are able to optimise your subwoofer positions. Plus a single DB1 with its dual firing drivers will not fit into either of your current sub positions without one of the drivers firing into a surface which is definitely a no no. IF the SB13U's will go as low as the DB1 is another question but we might only be talking a few Hz extra extension and you may gain that from actually using the 2 subs and optimise their extension and response through placement.
                                                In theory You're wright. But the thing is that my room insanely bass unfriendly. There are room modes that go up 15dB or more and drops to -30dB. Now I tried various positions angles and spl graph looks similar in all cases. In one point there is a mode @42,7Hz that goes up to 115dB and then drops down to 80dB @52Hz - and this is after hours playing with EQ on the sub. Now with two subs no matter how I set them graph looks even worse. I managed to eliminate few drops but instead of that most persistent modes gained even 4dB more.
                                                Now to the point - highest mode is @42,7Hz and EQ can touch only those fq's: 31, 35, 40, 46, 50, 56, 63, 70, 80, 90, 100, 112, or 125Hz with +3dB to -12dB. Now there are drops just before and after this 42,7Hz peak so any attempt to flat it down effects in 3-4dB but at the same time lowers surrounding drops about 2-3 times more (6 to 10dB).
                                                As DB1 has ability to EQ more precisely it could fix my room issues. Other thing You mentioned is positioning of DB1 with it's opposite speaker construction. There is to place for it at the front and at the back I would need a long cable or wireless adapter and I don't believe in those.

Someone could say trapping could help but with those issues it would require a lot of traps... more than WAF can take...
                                                Audio
                                                Source/Display
                                                Cabling/Power
                                                AV: Onkyo TX-NR818 + BT
                                                F: 683 (Bi-amp)
                                                C: Boston VR12
                                                S: 685
                                                Sub: 2x SVS SB13-Ultra
                                                12TB Media server (XBMC Database)
                                                Intel NUC i3 XBMC Media clients
                                                PS3 Slim SSD
                                                xBox 360 Slim
                                                D-Link WiDi
                                                Samsung 51" PS51E6500
                                                Optoma HD33
                                                Gigabit Cisco SLM Switches
                                                HDMI - all 1.4a 1m to 15m long
                                                Fornt LFQ: 4mm OFC solid core + thin fibres
                                                Front HFQ, Center: Belden Audio 4mm OFC - med fibres
                                                Rear: 2,5mm OFC (15m)
                                                CyberPower UPS (Sine wave)

Comment

• BVLDARI
                                                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by windshear
                                                  What's the idea of a dual opposed firing subwoofers? put it along a wall?

Comment

• Frank Helmling
                                                    • May 2009

The DB1, in my opinion, is the optimum subwoofer for obvious reasons! However if it's worth the cost could be subject to discussions...and always consider the fact that two subwoofers provide a better overall room response. So two or four DB1 would be "state of the art"!
                                                    Greetz from Monnem (Mannheim)

Frank

Comment

• BVLDARI
                                                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Frank Helmling
                                                      The DB1, in my opinion, is the optimum subwoofer for obvious reasons! However if it's worth the cost could be subject to discussions...and always consider the fact that two subwoofers provide a better overall room response. So two or four DB1 would be "state of the art"!

I am sorry for the dubm question, but what are the "obvious reasons". I am passively looking for a sub and trying to get as much info as possible.

Comment

• Frank Helmling
                                                        • May 2009

No prob: It is a closed box design, as every good speaker should (or an open baffle scheme but that's another story). It has 12 inch drivers installed --- drivers should not be much bigger or they're becoming too "cumbersome". It's better to increase their overall number (a few smaller subs are better than a single big one). The DB1 design doubles these drivers to increase their overall size and eleminate vibrations (which works perfectly, you have to experience bass that way). It has a fair amount of power (1000watts class-D) and goes comperatively low (17Hz tuning). It represents the compromise between going brutaly low and neglecting these "ultradeep 5Hz" moments you only find very, very occasionally (in relevant timespans to "realize" them as an impression). If you really want to go down that 5Hz road you need to put a lot of effort in your room and hardware (10,000 + watts in a normal basement size, dedicated room to place all that hardware etc). It features a good DSP control of the sub (5 editable presets, triggercontrolled, good to handle interface) and a basic roomresponse managing software which of course you can't compare to the more sophisticated ones (DIRAC, antimode or audissey MultEQ XT32) but in most cases it is able to handle these 2 or 3 disturbing room modes (of course there are many more below 200Hz but won't get to ones recognition the same way, which is sufficient for films, Music is another topic). Not so important is the fact that it has sleak looks but that adds to it's overall performance....

The downside of this design is the price: To equal one of those "BR Sub Rumblers" you sometimes need two of'm to receive the same sheer volume, if that's all you look after....

Frank

Comment

• BVLDARI
                                                          • Dec 2012

Frank, thanks. A lot of good info. You seem to know a lot about subs, so I have a couple of follow up questioons:

1. Theoretically what's the best way to install a dual opposed subwoofer?
                                                          2. Do you have any experience with Rel Gibraltar subs (and if yes what's your opinion).

Cheers.

Comment

• Frank Helmling
                                                            • May 2009

Theoretically what's the best way to install a dual opposed subwoofer

Not easy to answer that: Overhere in Europe the tipical american home is known to be a perfect bass trap which is not a bad thing per se!
                                                            ....If..., yeah if you're able to put in enough power to drive that condition (eleminating lots of the incoming energy since most of the inner walls act as a passive resonator). This is the reason why american subs are very popular among european enthusiasts (who understand nothing about sobwoofers....): The typical american home needs more energy in terms of bass...it can handle more bass...it can create a smoother bass reaction which is more pleasant to the listener...which results in big strong ported design subs, designed to move lots of air... . In Europe, on the other hand, rooms are smaller and typically made of concrete or stone, prominent room modes (modal waves) are very common. So the rule overhere is: Stay away from boundaries, don't place your sub near walls, except you have one of this 25lbs lifestyle suckersub, which is the case as with most of the average folks.....and needs that extra gain from near wall or corner placement to rumble up that pathetic 150 watts from it's 8 inch driver....wich results in poor wobbling bass....

How to place it Frank has been the question...: As with any other conventional sub it acts as a spherical emitter and should not be placed directly to a boundarie and not in the exact middle of the room one quarter or one third of a diameter in every direction is a good advice. Place it, listen to it and write down what you like and what you don't. Test up to 5 different locations refering to the above schedule. The more subs (2,3 or 4) the better the overall response and the potential wide of the listening area will be.....

Frank

Comment

• Frank Helmling
                                                              • May 2009

What's the idea of a dual opposed firing subwoofers? put it along a wall? The idea behind is to increase the size of the surface of the driver without getting them to big as a single item (cumbersome) and eleminate vibrations so that the acoustic wave hits the listener first and then shakes the wall instead of shaking the ground first via enclosement vibrations travelling through the ground. The opposite of a down firing subwoofer which uses ground travelling forces to create a sensation which is impressive with movies on the first look..... The disadvantage of this design (dual opposed): you need lots of energy (multiple subs in most rooms) which results in an increased budget. But you have to experience the feeling of "airborne" bass accompaigned with so much energy that it shakes the room after it has travelled through the room hitting the listener"freeair" first.

With music, it's one of the best subwoofer concepts (aside from dipol/ripol - "open baffle" designs with their extremely directional bass which could be even more suitable depending on your room/listening situation...or not....!

Don't know if I'd been able to describe the problems in a comprehensive manner (since I'm not a native speaker)

Frank

Comment

• PLuKE
                                                                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Bring
                                                                [img]pa091170[/img]http://www.htguide.com/forum/attachment.php4?attachmentid=19849&stc=1
                                                                What cables are they?

Comment

• lukelaconi
                                                                  • Oct 2013

Hi Everyone,
                                                                  I am a newbie to this site and to an extent to home audio as well. This is the first time I have been able to spend on a decent system as I have always lived in apartments.
                                                                  I have always used B&W / Rotel combination and will probably stick with them (until I can afford one of these Classe amps and some Diamonds).
                                                                  I am not new to audio though, I used to DJ and produce so have played on a lot of powerful systems (Turbosound, Funktion-one, etc) and due to home sounds restrictions it was my car that filled with nice audio (Morel, Diamond, DLS).
                                                                  I cant wait to get started on the home project as my new room should work very well, solid floors 100+ year old house with very thick walls. This is where I am currently:
                                                                  B&W CM9's (black gloss ex demo)
                                                                  Rotel RB-1572 (used 7 months old, arrives tomorrow hence why not pictured)
                                                                  Sony 55" on a Spectral TV Stand
                                                                  For source I am going to use my old Studio PC for now (Delta 1010 sound card).
                                                                  I am not in any rush to go 5.1, most of my friends I have listened to have been underwhelming to say the least, unless your room is big enough / suitable, is there any point???
                                                                  I listen to mostly audio but do watch a lot of movies too mostly downloads though..

I would appreciate your feedback on the following:
                                                                  RCA / Phono & Speaker cable (thinking QED).
                                                                  I have some that will do for now but would like some that matches the rest of the kit.

The next upgrade would be a sub, I am thinking the ASW10CM to match - good choice?

Thank you in advance for any replies

Name:	DSC_3293 - comp.jpg
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	858742

Comment

• mjb
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Mar 2005

lukelaconi, welcome to the forums! You have a great looking setup there for sure. As far as cables are concerned, I'm personally not a believer in expensive boutique products, but you should certainly look for a level of quality to match your electronics. Depending on your location, CatCables (or other forum sponsor) might be interesting for you. Happy listening :-)
                                                                    - Mike

Main System:
                                                                    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                                                                    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• BVLDARI
                                                                      • Dec 2012

Here are a couple of updated pics: I added an McIntosh MC452 and removed two of the MA700 (should sell those LOL):

Comment

• Petr Brno
                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                        • Feb 2012

"novice"

Hi, I'm here for the second time and I also share my hifi

B&W 803S
                                                                        B&W HTM2S
                                                                        B&W 610XP
                                                                        Onkyo TXNR905
                                                                        Technics SLPS670A
                                                                        Technics SJMD100
                                                                        Technics SHGE90
                                                                        Technics RSTR474
                                                                        Sony KDL46X3000
                                                                        Audioquest RCA Colorado
                                                                        Audoquest Redwood
                                                                        Audioquest SUB3
                                                                        Audioquest NRG Wel signature
                                                                        Audioquest Optilink5
                                                                        Audioquest HDMI3

I'm sorry but I can not upload photos...ops:

YESSSSSS - Only for enlargement must click on the picture - Thank you PewterTA:W
                                                                        Last edited by Petr Brno; 25 October 2013, 05:11 Friday.

Comment

• PewterTA
                                                                          Moderator
                                                                          • Nov 2004
                                                                          • 2901

Looks great guys!!!!! Love the photos keep them coming!!!

Petr, you need to post the photos on a photo sharing site and then link the photos to the forum...best way to do it. I just use facebook for my photos, just open the photo in facebook and right click on it and select copy photo link and then paste it there to use it.
                                                                          -Dan

Comment

• Edgeyboy
                                                                            Member
                                                                            • Nov 2006
                                                                            • 86

B&W 802DI's, B&W HTM2DI, 2 x B&W DB1 Subs, 4 x B&W in-celing CM818's, Classe CA2300, Classe CA5300, ADA Rhapsody (Balanced), Oppo 103 Blu Ray, Technics SL1210, Sony 65 inch 4K TV, Mini 4K Sony Demo Server
                                                                            Last edited by Edgeyboy; 30 October 2013, 01:42 Wednesday.

Comment

• PewterTA
                                                                              Moderator
                                                                              • Nov 2004
                                                                              • 2901

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I love the speakers (obviously)! Love the piano blacks!!!! Now I just wish I could move to your level with the Classe gear. I'm thinking CP-800 and CA-M600s and I'll just continue with my Rotel amp for the center & rears..... Maybe one day.

Since you keep your 802Dis so close to the rear wall have you considered sound absorption panels behind them!?!? I'm getting ready to build my own panels to put behind mine and at the first reflection points.... and a couple other places depending on how many I feel like making.
                                                                              -Dan

Comment

• Dmantis
                                                                                Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                • Jun 2004
                                                                                • 1036

Originally posted by Edgeyboy

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
                                                                                [IMG][/IMG]
                                                                                [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

B&W 802DI's, B&W HTM2DI, 2 x B&W DB1 Subs, 4 x B&W in-celing CM818's, Classe CA2300, Classe CA5300, ADA Rhapsody (Balanced), Oppo 103 Blu Ray, Technics SL1210, Sony 65 inch 4K TV, Mini 4K Sony Demo Server
                                                                                Incredible my friend, beautiful setup. Do me a favor and report back afterwards, toe in both your subs almost as much as your main channel speakers. What this will do is extend back your first order reflection of the higher bass notes and smooth out your in room response. The left sub has glass to deal with, the right sub has a wall inches from it. Little things like this can really make a nice improvement on smooth response. You might have to recalibrate your subs as the right one will lose db or 2 due to less load.
                                                                                I'd love to come over and fully calibrate that system.

Comment

• Edgeyboy
                                                                                  Member
                                                                                  • Nov 2006
                                                                                  • 86

Thanks for the tips and kind comments.

I'm soon changing to the Datasat RS20i as I want to go 9.2 with front heights.

I might make a couple of panels for behind the fronts - good idea mate.

Tom

Comment

• scanido
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Apr 2006
                                                                                    • 548

Edgeyboy - great looking and clean setup you got. Very nice and contemporary!!

Couple questions - Did you custom make that rack and where did you get that low profile center console stand?

Comment

• Edgeyboy
                                                                                      Member
                                                                                      • Nov 2006
                                                                                      • 86

Yes the rack was custom made. It sits into the cupboard underneath the stairs. The centre stand was from a UK retailer called Dwell. Thanks Tom

Comment

• Edgeyboy
                                                                                        Member
                                                                                        • Nov 2006
                                                                                        • 86

Some More Changes:

[

Comment

• Dmantis
                                                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                          • Jun 2004
                                                                                          • 1036

Wow man, that look amazing , nice work. I bet that made a very nice improvement in overall sound quality.

Comment

• Edgeyboy
                                                                                            Member
                                                                                            • Nov 2006
                                                                                            • 86

Thanks! 4K Projector Install next! Watch this space

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"