X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BWzes03
    Nautilus 804 in Cherry, each powered by a Rotel RB-1080, fed by a RC-1090.
    CD's spin in the Rotel RCD-1072 and DVD's / SACD / DVD-A's go in the Pioneer DV-989Ai-S....
    Gorgeous black vinyl is played on a 1972 vintage Dual 1219 fitted with a Sumiko Pearl.
    Very nice setup! I like the Shawshank poster too...great movie. I used to have this displayed in my dedicated room as well.
    Brad

Comment

• emig5m
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Blindamood
      Very nice setup! I like the Shawshank poster too...great movie. I used to have this displayed in my dedicated room as well.
      Yes, Shawshank is one of the best movies ever made.

Comment

• BWzes03
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Blindamood
        Thanks !
        That is precisely why I have that poster put up so prominently in the living room...
        I think Shawshank and The Green Mile are the two greatest films ever made and in that order ...

Comment

• signature plus
          • Feb 2010

hello its me mike again . for some reason my picture didnt load and i dont know why but i can still tell you guys what ive got so here goes cd & amp musical fidelity a308 , cables are chord signature plus interconect ,and chord signature speaker cable,& signature jumpers of coarse and last but not least b&w 805s on partingdon super heavys (40kgeach!)speaker stands. im in the process of building a headphone system which consists of grado rs1 with mf v3 head amp with chord chorus interconects, im going to change the amp maybe with a grahamslee when funds permit!. im very lucky really because ive got my own little room ,so i can listen to my hearts content!if somebody could tell me how to load my pictures i would be very gratefull! thanks for now ........mike

Comment

• BWzes03
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by signature plus
            hello its me mike again . for some reason my picture didnt load and i dont know why
            Mike, the link to the image must be a full "http://<server>/<image>.jpg " and inbetween '[IMG]' and '[/IMG]'

Try it again ....

Comment

• Jorgitox
              • Feb 2007

Here's my setup:

Best regards,

Jorgitox.

Comment

• Relentless
                • Jul 2007

Have not seen a pair of those for awhile. Very nice :T
                I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
                Lou

Comment

• ssabripo
                  • Dec 2005

update to my setup... now I'm perfect!

I have:
                  * high end 2 channel audio ( transport -> pass pre X2.5 -> Pass X205 -> 802)
                  * Hometheater with HDR (BR transport -> pre/pro 886 -> pass X205 + Cinenova 5 -> speakers)
                  * Streaming high res 192khz audio ( See diagram below)

My simple HT setup
                  4π using LMS, anyone?

Comment

• audioqueso
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Nov 2004

My humble stereo system in the living room :
                    Very nice!!! We have the same HTPC cases. :B (But I choose the version without the volume knob)
                    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• JustinGN
                      • May 2009

That's a beautiful setup, ssabripo! I thought I had some questions regarding seemlingly redundant connections, but it looks like you've actually used so many redundancies to tailor the output of different audio formats accordingly, or to use more specialized gear for them (Case in point: Analog out for MP3s on the PS3 to the X.25, while Optical to the DL3 DAC, and letting the Denon BD Player handle high-res BD audio content). It looks fantastic! So, do you play games on that PS3, or just listen to music? If you're looking for games with high-res audio, give the Uncharted series a try - Naughty Dog's engineers did a fantastic job including full uncompressed LPCM soundtracks on the disc for those of us with the systems to use them

EDIT: I forgot to add that your connection diagram is nothing short of amazing. Totally contemplating doing one for both my reference as well as another for my parents' A/V equipment, so they can hook it all back up when I'm gone. Easy to follow and fun to look at!

Comment

• RebelMan
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

That is precisely why I have that poster put up so prominently in the living room...
                        I think Shawshank and The Green Mile are the two greatest films ever made and in that order ...
                        Shawshank is definitely in my Top Ten. Waited years for the Blu-ray disk to finally come out. Snatched it up the instant I could. (Nice system too, btw.)
                        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• RebelMan
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ssabripo

I have:
                          * Hometheater with HDR (BR transport -> pre/pro 886 -> pass X205 + Cinenova 5 -> speakers)
                          Your system has matured VERY nicely over the years. Fantastic job ssabripo! :T
                          "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• BWzes03
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by audioqueso
                            Very nice!!! We have the same HTPC cases. :B (But I choose the version without the volume knob)
                            Thanks ! It is the Antec Fusion V2.0, it is a very nicely built case indeed, very sturdy, and nicely fitting top cover. The version without the volume knob is not very popular in Europe and thus very difficult to get hold of one.

Comment

• ShadowZA
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Jan 2006

I have:
                              Abso-lutely Excellent! :T

Comment

• ssabripo
                                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by JustinGN
                                That's a beautiful setup, ssabripo! I thought I had some questions regarding seemlingly redundant connections, but it looks like you've actually used so many redundancies to tailor the output of different audio formats accordingly, or to use more specialized gear for them (Case in point: Analog out for MP3s on the PS3 to the X.25, while Optical to the DL3 DAC, and letting the Denon BD Player handle high-res BD audio content). It looks fantastic! So, do you play games on that PS3, or just listen to music? If you're looking for games with high-res audio, give the Uncharted series a try - Naughty Dog's engineers did a fantastic job including full uncompressed LPCM soundtracks on the disc for those of us with the systems to use them

EDIT: I forgot to add that your connection diagram is nothing short of amazing. Totally contemplating doing one for both my reference as well as another for my parents' A/V equipment, so they can hook it all back up when I'm gone. Easy to follow and fun to look at!
                                thanks Justin. yes, there are some redundancies, but each of them has a purpose! :T

for example, to take the PS3 vs Streamin Mp3 from server example you mentioned:
                                - when the server upstairs is on (which it is NOT always for several reasons), then most streaming audio (lossless, or mp3, etc) goes thru the laptop/dac/pre combo
                                - however, when server upstairs is down, or when I have company in a party, etc, I let the PS3 just do it...I lose 96 and 192khz bit to bit perfect transmission, but still, it's an alternative to when server is down.
                                - also, I rather keep the high end res connection to when I'm there, but let the PS3 handle the music for wife/kids.... dont want them pressing the wrong macro in the remote :B

Originally posted by RebelMan
                                Your system has matured VERY nicely over the years. Fantastic job ssabripo! :T
                                thanks Rebel man...it's been a slow but sure journey. I can finally enjoy some really great music.

I have to say, the best equipment that has passed thru my system so far, from the entry level emotiva and bel canto stuff, to the various pre/pros (886, proceed avp2, anthem, etc), to couple of different amps and such, the biggest winners BY FAR have been the two pass labs pieces: the X2.5 Preamp and X250 amp.

Nelson Pass knows how to make near perfect equipment.

Originally posted by ShadowZA
                                Abso-lutely Excellent! :T
                                thanks, I appreciate it
                                My simple HT setup
                                4π using LMS, anyone?

Comment

• btf1980
                                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by audioqueso
                                  It's been a while since I've looked at all this pictures. Lots of great setups!

btf1980,
                                  Absolutely love your room! The speakers, the gear, the room decor, wonderful setup!
                                  What kind of headphones are those? I can't say I recognize them. I use a pair of Sennheiser HD555's and Audio-Technica A900's with a Nuforce uDAC. But only at my desk. The uDac is really nice for the price.
                                  I'm tempted to buy a JL Audio sub... buy maybe next year.
                                  Thanks. That would be the Sennheiser HD800 headphones. It's their flagship model.

A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• btf1980
                                    • Aug 2007

I was recently featured on B&W's blog.

A round-up of all our latest blog posts. From A-Z, updates on our brand, music and tech happenings, how-to guides and handy hints, and the latest product stories.

Comment

• btf1980
                                      • Aug 2007

Love this shot. :T

Comment

• wettou
                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                        • May 2006

Originally posted by btf1980
                                        I was recently featured on B&W's blog.

http://blog.bowers-wilkins.com/hi-fi...p-on-grooving/
                                        Sweet :T
                                        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• wettou
                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                          • May 2006

ssabripo

Very nice Pass Labs :T Your speakers must sing!! Did you compare Classé
                                          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• audioqueso
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by btf1980
                                            Thanks. That would be the Sennheiser HD800 headphones. It's their flagship model.
                                            Ohhhhhhh... that's right. I didn't recognize it cause I haven't seen a picture of it. But that's the $1400 headphone, right? Wow... that's pricey for a headphone! How did Sennheiser jump from $500 headphones to $1400? lol I wonder how they sound compared to your B&W/Marantz setup.

Comment

• ssabripo
                                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by wettou
                                              ssabripo

Very nice Pass Labs :T Your speakers must sing!! Did you compare Classé
                                              yes, I had auditioned classe among others when I was looking for my preamp/amp solution, and as great and as well a synergy that Classe has with B&W, I have to be very honest and say that nothing I've heard or auditioned has come remotely close to the sound of Pass labs.

Nelson Pass is truly a genius, and I'm not one to throw comments like that out there.

As great as the Mark Levinson N0.40 and Proceed AVP2 were, as great as classe SSP-75 and CP-65's were (have not heard the SSP-800), as good as the Halcro was, etc, when I plugged the somewhat "old" Pass Labs X2.5 pre, it was game over! ;x(

and of course, pass labs amps are known for being some of the most musical and transparent amplifiers in the market.

The pass equipment will probably be one of the few pieces that will stay with me for eternity.
                                              My simple HT setup
                                              4π using LMS, anyone?

Comment

• wettou
                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                • May 2006

Nelson Pass is truly a genius, and I'm not one to throw comments like that out there.

As great as the Mark Levinson N0.40 and Proceed AVP2 were, as great as classe SSP-75 and CP-65's were (have not heard the SSP-800), as good as the Halcro was, etc, when I plugged the somewhat "old" Pass Labs X2.5 pre, it was game over! ;x(

and of course, pass labs amps are known for being some of the most musical and transparent amplifiers in the market.

The pass equipment will probably be one of the few pieces that will stay with me for eternity.
                                                Pass labs look really great just a bit expensive for my blood!!

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                                                  • May 2008

Hi guys,
                                                  Since I recently upgraded tot he HTM1D and have added some acoustic panels, I thought I should ad some new shots of my theater. I have to say I spend a lot of time just listening to 2 channel, either through my PC (toslink to SSP 800) or from my Apple TV. I feel like I am a lot more into music listening than I have been in 10 years, and thats funny since I started this theater 3 years ago for watching movies mostly. This forum has been a huge help in putting this system together, thanks to all of you for your input! Anyways, here are some pics:

:^x

Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• btf1980
                                                    • Aug 2007

Kahuna, how does it feel to be at the mountaintop? If it's anything close to the pics, then it must be incredible!

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • Nov 2004

That's massive! Very nice Kahuna!!!

Comment

• HedgeHog
                                                        • Dec 2008

Love the setup, Kahuna! Those 3 speakers show looking menacing staring back at you.
                                                        Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
                                                        Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
                                                        B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
                                                        Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
                                                        Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• wettou
                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                          • May 2006

Kahuna!

Magnificent, I love it :T One of these days I might decide to bite the bullet and get three 800Ds with three CT-600.

Hum may it's time to upgrade :roll:

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                                                            • May 2008

Thanks guys, it is great to share our systems, it feels exciting when people get new gear...and they are almost always evolving! I do feel like I am pretty much where I want to be, with some small tweaking here and there. I know my wife certainly thinks I am all done!

Wettou, now is the time! That would be an amazing front! Does your dealer have demos currently you could trade? That is how I ended up getting the HTM1D.
                                                            Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• Eddie.Nyce
                                                              • May 2009

Wow, Kahuna..you have excellent taste, sometimes you will see a mediocre room with excellent gear...functional but not aesthetically pleasing...your room has the gear, a classy look, the ambiance..it just flows so well...your set up is definitely top...just beautiful...just beautiful.

Comment

• JargonGR
                                                                • Feb 2009

Excellent! We have the same front stage (I don't know what you are using for surrounds), but I love your room.

I need a lot more work before my room is done!

Maybe I persuade myself to post some pictures of my set up before the room is finished!

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                                                                  • May 2004

Kahuna, I said it once before and I'll say it again. IMPRESSIVE!!!
                                                                  What's next? A anamorphic lens and a huge 2.35:1 screen?

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by KahunaCanuck
                                                                    Hi guys,
                                                                    Since I recently upgraded tot he HTM1D and have added some acoustic panels, I thought I should ad some new shots of my theater.....
                                                                    My favorite room on HTG.

Now I suppose the next thing to do is get another MC501 so you have the same amp for the front 3 eh?
                                                                    B&W

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • May 2008

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
                                                                      My favorite room on HTG.

Now I suppose the next thing to do is get another MC501 so you have the same amp for the front 3 eh?

Thanks Chris! I think I am ok for now...the 303 has yet to run out of gas! :T

My wife will kill me if I do much more "obvious" stuff...hehe

Jargon, I am running 803Ds for the rears...really fills the rear in well.

Cheers!

Mike
                                                                      Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                        • Jan 2006

...I am running 803Ds for the rears...really fills the rear in well...
                                                                        Perfect! :T

I must say, your room looks to be super cosy. Must be great on a snowy/rainy evening.
                                                                        Enjoy!

Comment

• schwegs99
                                                                          Junior Member
                                                                          • Feb 2010

After Kahuna, I dont know if anything will compare. Here is my modest system.

My 1st HT 3.1 system. just starting out. of course upgrades will always come.

B&W. 1st HT system.

Comment

• Relentless
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Jul 2007
                                                                            • 317

Originally posted by schwegs99
                                                                            After Kahuna, I dont know if anything will compare.
                                                                            Kahuna's is very sweet {I wish I had something like that } but you obviously never seen Aldo's system.
                                                                            Lou

Comment

• schwegs99
                                                                              Junior Member
                                                                              • Feb 2010
                                                                              • 12

No i havent. you have a link?
                                                                              B&W. 1st HT system.

Comment

• Relentless
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • Jul 2007
                                                                                • 317

Search for a room with some shell looking speakers for mains :W and 802D's for side and rear surrounds. I am pressed for time but if you cant find it and nobody else can I will search for you when I have a minute.
                                                                                Lou

Comment

• wettou
                                                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                  • May 2006
                                                                                  • 3389

After Kahuna, I dont know if anything will compare. Here is my modest system.

My 1st HT 3.1 system. just starting out. of course upgrades will always come.
                                                                                  I never started that nice :E I like it elegant

Comment

• JargonGR
                                                                                    Member
                                                                                    • Feb 2009
                                                                                    • 95

Thanks Chris! I think I am ok for now...the 303 has yet to run out of gas! :T

My wife will kill me if I do much more "obvious" stuff...hehe

Jargon, I am running 803Ds for the rears...really fills the rear in well.

Cheers!

Mike

Hehe! :T

I am too running 803Ds for surrounds and by the end of this week I will receive two more 803Ds + a pair of SCMS for a complete 9.2 setup. I grabbed the SCMS just before they disappear for the sake of playing around with height speakers.

Yet, this week or early next week I am also receiving two big bad subwoofers and then I am done with speakers and will concentrate more on electronics from the on.

I will post pics once everything is into place.

Comment

• Relentless
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Jul 2007
                                                                                      • 317

here is a taste of his system...
                                                                                      Lou

Comment

• Skyblue
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Jun 2009
                                                                                        • 504

Originally posted by Relentless
                                                                                        Look really nice. But I doubt it sounds better than my 805s on a cambridge integrated. Couldn't possibly sound better. No sir...
                                                                                        B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• wettou
                                                                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                          • May 2006
                                                                                          • 3389

Originally posted by Relentless
                                                                                          Probably a Dealer

Comment

• Relentless
                                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                                            • Jul 2007
                                                                                            • 317

Originally posted by wettou
                                                                                            Probably a Dealer
                                                                                            It has been a while since I have seen him on the board but there is a thread with pictures of when he received the speakers and took them out of there crates. That is his house as far as I know.
                                                                                            Lou

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"