X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marco Lisi
    • May 2008

Originally posted by wettou
    Try Electrocompaniet Nemo 600 it blows every thing away even the Classé CAM400
    Hello Wettou

I intend to listen to both the AW400 and the Nemo's on my 800D's before making any final decissions. This afternoon I've planned a long listening session with the Pass X600.5's. I'm very curious to how this amp will "handle" the 800D's.

:T
    Diamond Room
    Acoustical treated room with reference 7.3 av system

Comment

• fredBelgium
      • Jun 2007

Hello Marco,

I am very curious to have your opinion on the matter. I do not like the CAM-400. By cons I made some good test on the basis of PassLabs X.350.5.

You do your tests at NewMusic in Brussels?

Frederic.
      Last edited by fredBelgium; 21 May 2008, 08:12 Wednesday.

Comment

• fredBelgium
        • Jun 2007

So Marco,

How it's spent listening with x.600.5?

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Marco Lisi
          Hello Wettou, I intend to listen to both the AW400 and the Nemo's on my 800D's before making any final decissions. This afternoon I've planned a long listening session with the Pass X600.5's. I'm very curious to how this amp will "handle" the 800D's. :T
          Let us know which one works best for you. I would love to have the nemo just too rich for my blood plus bad reputation in the US.
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

Originally posted by Rags
            Great looking set up guys. Dr Boom - what are you using under the 804's - they could be just what I am looking for.
            I like the color matching did you have the cabinet to match the color of the speakers. Parasound are great, I have an old 5 channel amps in the garage that is over 10 years old and it works wonders hooked-up to original 603
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

Originally posted by fredBelgium
              Hello Marco, I am very curious to have your opinion on the matter. I do not like the CAM-400. By cons I made some good test on the basis of PassLabs X.350.5. You do your tests at NewMusic in Brussels? Frederic.
              Hello Fred,

Is this your room or the dealer? Also try the Electrocompaniet Nemo 600W monoblock and let me know what you think!

Comment

• Marco Lisi
                • May 2008

Hello Marco,

I am very curious to have your opinion on the matter. I do not like the CAM-400. By cons I made some good test on the basis of PassLabs X.350.5.

You do your tests at NewMusic in Brussels?

Frederic.
                Yes indeed, New Music in Brussels! Top notch! One of the best and most professional dealers on our market. I've been spending some wednesday afternoons there with Jef and Jose. Very nice and dedicated people!
                Diamond Room

Comment

• Marco Lisi
                  • May 2008

So Marco,

How it's spent listening with x.600.5?
                  I can be very brief: best sound I have ever heard! The 800D never sounded so nice: organic, pshycal and very involving music. You should go listen to this system, I'd be very curious on your opinion on this matter!

We tried the XA100.5 before, but that was no match. I must say that the Pass X600.5 is the best amp-match for my ears. I think that the X1000.5 would even be better because the 800D can take to up to a 1000Watts of continious power. And we all know B&W...they are powerhungry!

Diamond Room

Comment

• Marco Lisi
                    • May 2008

Let us know which one works best for you. I would love to have the nemo just too rich for my blood plus bad reputation in the US.
                    Hello wettou

The AW400's come in on the 4th of june. I'll try to arrange a pair of Nemo's for review later on. It would be very interesting to see what the end results will sound like with all these different amps.

I've read a review from a 800D owner who enjoyed the X600.5 just a little bit more over the Nemo's. He called the Nemo's more bass heavy and the Pass more layered in low frequencies and giving more "air" to all the voices within the orchestra. Small differences if you ask me...

Based on my prior experiences with both Pass and Elektrocompaniet I would say that the sound is simular, the same "family" sound, in the end it's all a question of personal taste. I find both brands matching very well with B&W 800 series.

PS/The pic from Fred was from the dealer New Music in Brussels.

Diamond Room

Comment

• fredBelgium
                      • Jun 2007

I can be very brief: best sound I have ever heard! The 800D never sounded so nice: organic, pshycal and very involving music. You should go listen to this system, I'd be very curious on your opinion on this matter!

We tried the XA100.5 before, but that was no match. I must say that the Pass X600.5 is the best amp-match for my ears. I think that the X1000.5 would even be better because the 800D can take to up to a 1000Watts of continious power. And we all know B&W...they are powerhungry!

Hello Marco,

Today I did listen more than 6 hours in the company of 801D, Halcro DM8, DCS Puccini, 2 PassLab X.600.5. This is the most insane of listening that I have heard. Fabulous.
                      Next year I order the Halcro and PassLab x.600.5. A real massacre! Beautiful listening.
                      All this along with Jeff.
                      Jeff told me that you had ordered 2 Pass x.600.5? :T

A + :P

Comment

• Snap
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Feb 2005

nice stuff you all!
                        The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• fredBelgium
                          • Jun 2007

Comment

• wettou
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • May 2006

Very cool Pass Lab is so expensive $20,000 for a pair of amps ouch!!

800D + Pass Labs X600.5 = $40K and you don't have the pre or source yet ouch, I wished I could afford these.

I will just have to be happy with what I have now which works wonders.

Comment

• fredBelgium
                              • Jun 2007

Hello Wettou,

You can put 801d in order to reduce the bill. And for me on this configuration the 801D goes further in terms of emotion.

Fred.

Comment

• Marco Lisi
                                • May 2008

Hello Wettou,

You can put 801d in order to reduce the bill. And for me on this configuration the 801D goes further in terms of emotion.

Fred.
                                Hi Fred

Nice pic 8O It's so much fun spending time there, isn't it?
                                I really would suggest doing the listening session over again, but then with the 800D and report back on this. With this X600.5 it's very easy to make up the differences betweeen the 801D and 800D. Ofcourse, personal taste is always a winner here 8)

I could imagine that the Halcro is the perfect match on the Pass. I had the pleasure of utilising a Halcro Logic SSP-200 along with the Pass (yes, I am putting together a 7.2 surround system). At the time of the review I owned B&W 802D's and had a Pass X350.5 up for testing. The very detailled an analytical sound of the Halcro combined wonderful I thought.

What are your thoughts on this matter? How did the sound change introducing the Halcro, I listened with Jef and Jose along with the Bryston (still in the rack I saw)?

PS/I'll be ordering very soon (before summer holidays), still not quiet sure to put in the X600.5 or go for the extreme X1000.5!

Kind regards

Diamond Room

Comment

• fredBelgium
                                  • Jun 2007

Hello Marco,

You have everything absolutely right between the 801d and 800d is a matter of taste. As I listen to a lot of Jazz I live pretty well for his 801d made it very realistic.

In my case, the combination Halcro DM8, Pass x.600.5, Puccini, 801d and cable Crystal Supra was for me the revelation of this year. The sound is huge but keeping a very quiet side. After listening I felt swept away like a roller coaster. All feelings are the appointment. Listening slightly higher than what I am now at home but from the same family.

Jeff, told me that you had enjoyed listening to two CA-2200 vertical?

Comment

• Marco Lisi
                                    • May 2008

Hello Marco,

You have everything absolutely right between the 801d and 800d is a matter of taste. As I listen to a lot of Jazz I live pretty well for his 801d made it very realistic.

In my case, the combination Halcro DM8, Pass x.600.5, Puccini, 801d and cable Crystal Supra was for me the revelation of this year. The sound is huge but keeping a very quiet side. After listening I felt swept away like a roller coaster. All feelings are the appointment. Listening slightly higher than what I am now at home but from the same family.

Jeff, told me that you had enjoyed listening to two CA-2200 vertical?
                                    Thanks for your insights on the matter 801D/800D, but did you try the same setup, only changing the speakers to 800D? You should! I would really love to hear your comments on that.

I did indeed listen to the Classé combo and found it to put "life" in the 800D.
                                    But as I said earlier, I liked the Pass better in terms of more organis, physical and emotional...the Classé had a more "hifi" sound, the Pass involves you more with music.

Diamond Room

Comment

• fredBelgium
                                      • Jun 2007

Thanks for your insights on the matter 801D/800D, but did you try the same setup, only changing the speakers to 800D? You should! I would really love to hear your comments on that.

I did indeed listen to the Classé combo and found it to put "life" in the 800D.
                                      But as I said earlier, I liked the Pass better in terms of more organis, physical and emotional...the Classé had a more "hifi" sound, the Pass involves you more with music.

Good morning,

We listened for nearly 6 hours 801D with Jeff. Jeff was convinced that listening with the 800D is amazing on this configuration. We connected the 800d and after 15 minutes we at the request of Jeff reconnected the 801D. On this combination of electronic 801D were much more comfortable to reproduce any power bloc and this with great emotion. Listening with the 800D is more square and lack of emotion for me.
                                      I have had for almost 1 year 800D, and I've sold for 801D. The 801D correspond more to what I would like to listen alive.

A+

Comment

• Briz vegas
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Mar 2005

Lucky guys.

My only comment - I prefer the 801D in black. It helps to reduce its apparent size and makes it look more like a single component rather than bits tacked together - but I'm being really fussy here.
                                        Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
                                        Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• wettou
                                          Ultra Senior Member
                                          • May 2006

Originally posted by Briz vegas
                                          Lucky guys. My only comment - I prefer the 801D in black. It helps to reduce its apparent size and makes it look more like a single component rather than bits tacked together - but I'm being really fussy here.
                                          They are so big!! Again it is a question of taste for me having three 802D in front with a great sub are perfect. Multichannel SACD symphonies are fantastic with this configuration and movies are crystal clear.:T

Comment

• Marco Lisi
                                            • May 2008

They are so big!! Again it is a question of taste for me having three 802D in front with a great sub are perfect. Multichannel SACD symphonies are fantastic with this configuration and movies are crystal clear.:T
                                            Is that your personal setup Wettou?

Diamond Room

Comment

• wettou
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • May 2006

Is that your personal setup Wettou? :T
                                              Yes Three 802D (L,C,R) two 802N (SR, SL) and two 803 (BR, BL) with JLAudio Fathom F113

Speakers powered by Classé CA-5200 and CA-2100

I am waiting to see if I am going to buy the SSP-800?

Comment

• beden1
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • Oct 2006

Yes Three 802D (L,C,R) two 802N (SR, SL) and two 803 (BR, BL) with JLAudio Fathom F113

Wettou, yours is an awesome HT system that must sound spectacular! Have you thought about adding a second sub just for balance?

Comment

• cntlaw
                                                  • Mar 2008

Got them ~ 6 weeks, still pending for the SolidSteel 6.2 racks.

B&W 803S / MF KW-550 /MF A1008 CDP
                                                  Transparent Power Link MM
                                                  CSE RK-100 Power Conditioner / Powersnake Taipan Helix Vx / Arcolink 4030 2m
                                                  AudioNote ANvX Mark II RCA / XLO Limited Edition Mk II RCA
                                                  TAOC PTS-F Spike Plates for 803S / SolidSteel Audio Tables: 6.2x2+1xTable-B / Lynn Skeet Spike Plates for Racks

Comment

• Marco Lisi
                                                    • May 2008

Hello Wettou

That is indeed some very fine gear you have there! Congrats ;x(
                                                    I did pick-up the SSP-800 thread launched by Rebelman and I am also very curious to read about first "hands on" experience with the new Classé!

I really hope the new one will deliver, because the list of true "high end" SSP's is in fact a shortlist ops:

Greetings!

Diamond Room

Comment

• wettou
                                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                                      • May 2006

Originally posted by beden1
                                                      Wettou, yours is an awesome HT system that must sound spectacular! Have you thought about adding a second sub just for balance?
                                                      If I had a second row of seats I would definitely add a second sub but with one row it works very well. My wife has also said that is enough

Comment

• beden1
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • Oct 2006

If I had a second row of seats I would definitely add a second sub but with one row it works very well. My wife has also said that is enough
                                                        I told my wife they only sold them in pairs. :huh:

Comment

• jjahshik32
                                                          • Sep 2007

Here's mine again *after selling the 805S + htm4* and now with the 685s. Plus a new hdtv stand!

Comment

• Captain Reg
                                                            • Mar 2008

Update pic of my 2 channel set up:

Digital Front End
                                                            NAD M5 SACD/HDCD Player
                                                            Amplification:
                                                            NAD M3 Integrated Amplifier
                                                            Speaker System:
                                                            B&W 683 / B&W ASW 610
                                                            Speaker Cables:
                                                            SignalCable Ultra Bi-Wire
                                                            Interconnects:
                                                            SignalCable Analog Two Balanced
                                                            System Rack:
                                                            Sanus Java Series JFA36e
                                                            Power Conditioner:
                                                            PS Audio Duet Power Center
                                                            Special Effects:
                                                            Laserpod

Image not available
                                                            Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 05:00 Tuesday. Reason: Remove broken image link

Comment

• jjahshik32
                                                              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Captain Reg

Digital Front End
                                                              NAD M5 SACD/HDCD Player
                                                              Amplification:
                                                              Speaker System:
                                                              B&W 683 / B&W ASW 610
                                                              Speaker Cables:
                                                              Interconnects:
                                                              System Rack:
                                                              Sanus Java Series JFA36e
                                                              Power Conditioner:
                                                              Special Effects:
                                                              Laserpod

Image not available

How are you liking the 683?? When I went to audition the 685, I was thinking about the 683 as well. But I chose the 685 because it was imo thought the 685 and 683 sounded pretty close with the 683 more boomy bass. I really didn't get a good chance to test out the midrange from the fst but how do you think it compares to the 804S?
                                                              Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 13:17 Tuesday. Reason: Update quote

Comment

• Captain Reg
                                                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by jjahshik32
                                                                How are you liking the 683?? When I went to audition the 685, I was thinking about the 683 as well. But I chose the 685 because it was imo thought the 685 and 683 sounded pretty close with the 683 more boomy bass. I really didnt get a good chance to test out the midrange from the fst but how do you think it compares to the 804S?
                                                                I think the 683's are great! However, with the augmented bass of the ASW610, it really rounds off the bottom frequencys quite nicely. Having never listened to the 685's/804'a I am not sure how they compare.

Comment

• Ken49r
                                                                  • Dec 2007

Captain Reg

Nice setup. One of the cleanest, wire-free, visually appealing 600 series setups I've seen. Bet it sounds terrific.

Ken

jjahashik32

Your setup seems to be coming along nicely. The new TV stand is a nice improvement over the desktop it replaced. Did you get a new center channel after selling the HTM4s? I don't see one in the picture.

Ken

Comment

• jjahshik32
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Ken49r
                                                                    Captain Reg

Nice setup. One of the cleanest, wire-free, visually appealing 600 series setups I've seen. Bet it sounds terrific.

Ken

jjahashik32

Your setup seems to be coming along nicely. The new TV stand is a nice improvement over the desktop it replaced. Did you get a new center channel after selling the HTM4s? I don't see one in the picture.

Ken
                                                                    I decided to stick with 2 channel and it seems to work very well for me. I kept the extra $$ for my future purchase for an amp from selling the htm4.

Comment

• artv4
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Captain Reg

Digital Front End
                                                                      NAD M5 SACD/HDCD Player
                                                                      Amplification:
                                                                      Speaker System:
                                                                      B&W 683 / B&W ASW 610
                                                                      Speaker Cables:
                                                                      Interconnects:
                                                                      System Rack:
                                                                      Sanus Java Series JFA36e
                                                                      Power Conditioner:
                                                                      Special Effects:
                                                                      Laserpod

Image not available

laser pod for special effects.... what is that?
                                                                      Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 13:17 Tuesday. Reason: Update quote
                                                                      GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• Captain Reg
                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by artv4
                                                                        laser pod for special effects.... what is that?

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • May 2008

My theatre setup...

Here is a shot of my new theatre:

Image not available

:^x
                                                                          Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 13:18 Tuesday. Reason: Remove broken image link
                                                                          Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• jjahshik32
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Sep 2007
                                                                            • 309

Originally posted by KahunaCanuck
                                                                            My theatre setup...

Image not available

Drool.. are those the 803D??
                                                                            Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 13:19 Tuesday. Reason: Update quote

Comment

• beden1
                                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                                              • Oct 2006
                                                                              • 1676

My theatre setup...

Image not available

Very nice system and HT room. It looks extremely well laid out and comfortable. :T

Comment

• joetama
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • May 2006
                                                                                • 786

Originally posted by jjahshik32
                                                                                Drool.. are those the 803D??
                                                                                His signature says 803S.

But, I'm still drooling. That is a very nice room.
                                                                                -Joe

Comment

• Captain Reg
                                                                                  Junior Member
                                                                                  • Mar 2008
                                                                                  • 20

Originally posted by joetama
                                                                                  His signature says 803S.

But, I'm still drooling. That is a very nice room.
                                                                                  Very nice. Cozy and comfortable. :T

Comment

• jjahshik32
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Sep 2007
                                                                                    • 309

Oh I see! Man those 803S is really nice. I auditioned them at my local dealer and those speakers are clear as day and so powerful!

At that time I wanted to choose between the 803S or the 804S and the 804S was great but didnt feel like a significant upgrade from the 805S that I had.

But those 803S were just in a completely different league! No wonder the dealer only had the 803S, 803D, 802D, 801D, 800D in a room together.

Comment

• Birdy
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Mar 2006
                                                                                      • 186

My theatre setup...

Image not available

Looks cozy & warm, I bet you must spend several hours in there.... :T :T :T

Birdy

Comment

• Iron Man
                                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                                        • Jun 2008
                                                                                        • 8

Hello there,

I'm new on this forum and must say that I really enjoyed going through this thread of beautiful B&W systems.

I would also like to share my system with you. We still live in an apartment and I'm really looking forward to moving into a house so I cant get a dedicated home cinema room.

Enjoy,

Andy - Denmark, Europe opcorn:

B&W 800 system: 803D, HTM2D, SCMS + ASW855 ;x(
                                                                                        NAD Master Series: M15 + M25
                                                                                        Projector: Optoma HD80 1080p
                                                                                        Screen: Lissau 106" ISF True-color TAB-tension
                                                                                        Blu-ray disc: Sony PS3
                                                                                        Shaker: Buttkicker LFE kit

Comment

• Iron Man
                                                                                          Junior Member
                                                                                          • Jun 2008
                                                                                          • 8

Originally posted by hifi.org
                                                                                          The speaker setup is:

2 x B&W 801D
                                                                                          1 x B&W HTM1D
                                                                                          2 x B&W ASW855
                                                                                          4 x B&W SCMS

Amp's:

2x Crown I-Tech 8000
                                                                                          2x Crown I-Tech 4000
                                                                                          Thats an "insane" setup you have there :jawdrop:

I would like to know what you think about the Crown amps??
                                                                                          B&W 800 system: 803D, HTM2D, SCMS + ASW855 ;x(
                                                                                          NAD Master Series: M15 + M25
                                                                                          Projector: Optoma HD80 1080p
                                                                                          Screen: Lissau 106" ISF True-color TAB-tension
                                                                                          Blu-ray disc: Sony PS3
                                                                                          Shaker: Buttkicker LFE kit

Comment

• jjahshik32
                                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                                            • Sep 2007
                                                                                            • 309

Originally posted by cntlaw
                                                                                            Got them ~ 6 weeks, still pending for the SolidSteel 6.2 racks.

Love those 803S!! I wish to own them one day as well!

Just curious shouldnt the hdtv go inbetween the 803S infront of the window!!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"