X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • springer49
    • Oct 2004

Sound Anchors, Granite slabs or spikes for 804's

Just thought I would ask what you 804 owners prefer.
    Mine will be arriving by Christmas and I want to be ready for them. Any preferences for any of the above and if so what have you experienced by doing so? Thanks for the help.
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

804 solutions

springer49,

I have 804's. I have sound anchors with polycrystal spikes. These do a nice job of anchoring the 804's as well as tightening up the bass. The quality of bass is almost as good as the mid's and highs. Hope this helps.

PS. Spikes on a sub are a good idea if you can do it. Once I got my sub off the carpet the improvement was immediate. I had spikes, but they were not very big. I got bigger spikes.

Comment

• Fife
      • Apr 2004

Sound Anchor vote from me. You can always upgrade the SA spikes later on if you want.

Comment

• springer49
        • Oct 2004

just ordered sound anchors. Thanks for the feedback. seems like I am always waiting for the UPS guy, but that's a good thing, right?

Comment

• htsteve
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

springer49,

Here's a couple of pictures to tide you over till you get you SA's......
          Attached Files

Comment

• springer49
            • Oct 2004

htsteve, Thanks for the photos. Hopefully I will have them after christmas.
            I was wondering if you had thought about using any other type of spikes rather than SA standard spikes.

Comment

• htsteve
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

springer49,

I use the polycrystal spikes on the 804 stands (the URL is obvious). They worked very well for my sub, so I got some for the stands. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"