X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mafoo
    • Nov 2004

DS7 Surround for 704/HTM7 front

I just purchased a 704/HTM7 combination for the front and am now considering my surround options. I haven't seen much traffic on the forum on the DS7 (seems most people go for the 705's). I'm interested in the DS7 for wall mount capability and the much shallower profile. Has anybody had good/bad experience w/ the DS7's? Any glaring reason why people go for the 705 for surround?
  • junior77blue
    • Nov 2004

The biggest reason the 705 is picked is for multi-channel stereo.

It has been recommended to use a dipole speaker for surround for movies to give it more ambiance as opposed to sound comming from a localized speaker.

But, if you ever plan on doing multi-channel stereo, you will wish u have the 705s or even matching 704s. Which is what I would recommend...after paying out the money for the stands, the 704s are too much farther away in cost.

Comment

• mafoo
      • Nov 2004

The DS7 is switchable so I can get monopole for multi-channel if I want. If not next to the wall the 705 (or 704) has more bass response, but I'd probably need to block the ports if they're against the wall.

Comment

• junior77blue
        • Nov 2004

I guess the question to be answered is how a 705 compares to the DS7 monopole? I haven't compared the two directly but would be willing to bet the 705 would be a better candidate for multichannel music. However, the DS7s might make a better compromise (switchable) depending on your goal.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"