X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan Schulze
    • Jun 2003

805's will be available until...??

Hi All,

I am thinking of upgrading from my current 5.1 system to a 7.1. I would like to match the exsisting components. If I can afford it I will probably upgrade sometime in 2005.

Currently I use 802's for the main, an HTM1 for the center, and 805's for the surrounds.

Does anyone have any info how long B&W will continue to manufacture the 805's (or the whole 800 series for that matter)? I would like to use the 805's for rears. I have not ruled out the possibility of getting 803's for the surrounds and moving my existing 805's to the rear.

Thanks!!

Dan
    I want to be SHAKEN not stirred!!
  • greggz
    • Jun 2002

If the Matrix line is any predictor of the Nautilus line, then I would expect the Nautilus line to have a life span of approx. 10 years. That would mean the current Nautilus models will be around, I'm guessing, 2 or 3 more years at least.
    Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• Dan Schulze
      • Jun 2003

The Nautilus is such a great line of speakers - if your thoughts are even close to what will happen, that would be great!! The Nautilus line seems to have that 'timeless, classic' quality about it - it would be a shame to retire a speaker before its time!! :lol:

Thanks for your thoughts greggz!!!

Dan
      I want to be SHAKEN not stirred!!

Comment

• BlazeMaster
        • May 2004

actually Dan, I think the 800s refreshment will come out a little earlier than 1-2 years. The store manager of a B&W dealer told me that it should be out about 2 months. I'd give the new 800s a listen before I'd consider the 800s "retired". Newer isn't necessary better and also consider the possible price increase, which makes the newer 800s less of a value also.
        Great setup Dan, I don't think the newer line will sound that much better than what you already have.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"