Anyone have information on a solid video transmitter?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

Anyone have information on a solid video transmitter?

I'd like to add a cable TV signal to an upstairs room that has no RF connection. Is anyone aware of a good product that I can use to broadcast the signal from one room to the next? Some type of a trasmitter/receiver setup for cable or sat signals. Years and years ago there was a product called RAbbit, or something like that. I don;t remember how good or bad it was, or if it was even wireless. But I seem to remember it doing something similar.

I would imagine it would use 2.4 Ghz or something like that. I've seen one product. But it only duplicates the signal from one source to the next. Like sending the output of the TV, VCR or DVD to another one in another room. But it only sends what is being output at that moment. I basically want to come off the main signal, and broadcast the entire lineup to another room.

Any information would really be appreciated. I've done a lot of searching over the past couple days. And have come up with items for security camers and such, but I'm not sure they would do what I want.

Thanks...
    -Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!
  • Uncle Clive
    Former Moderator
    • Jan 2002

Sorry Rock Dogg the only way I know that this can be acheived is to use, lets' say a VCR as your channel changer (situated as close as possible to that room on cable of course)..... a good IR/RF repeater.
    I have used this in a customer's home and it worked with some moderate adjustments.
    CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• brendon
      • Aug 2004

RE- rabbit splitter

Hi ,I seem to recall a product availible out here in Australia a few years ago called a rabbit which was simply a box inline from an antennae which had multiple RF outs from which coaxial cables ran to each set .It may have had a signal booster as well.
      I would be interested to see what you find as in the future I would like to get an HD set top box and run signals to a couple of rooms .Fortunately I have just built a house and was able to get conduits in the walls but of course once we finished we realised we should have put one in the master bedroom and my sons play room.
      I just did a quick google on rabbit and all I got was a couple hundred hits on rabbit ears!
      Good luck with your search Brendon

Comment

• Miker
        • Aug 2004

Hey Rock Dog,
        Check out X10 products...(www.x10.com) They have a wireless "Video Sender" unit (does audio and video) for 79.99 ....also use with "Wireless Remote Sender" - 39.99. This will complete the set up that was described using the VCR or any other cable source that has RCA outputs for audio and video as noted in the last post!!...That's about I can offer on you request!!
        Mike R

Klipsch for Life!!

Comment

• Rock Dog
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2003

Thanks for the info so far folks. I just moved the oldest into his own bedroom, and set him up with his own TV and Stereo. Nothing extraordinary. But the MORON :banghead: that I bought this house from 5 years ago (this week as a matter of fact) removed the cable line from that room. :nutkick:

The jack is, and always has been there. With a cable attached to it. It's been a spare bedroom up until now, so aside from taking off the plate and looking at it. I just assumed the cable in there, went downstairs to the patch panel. But I also have a TV antenna in the attack, so if we lose cable, I can just switch over from cable to OTA at the patch panel downstairs. For some reason, he connected that room directly to the antenna. Now that's fine, great, wonderful. :tv: But WHY did he have to cut the original, pre-wired coax so far back that it fell into the wall, and I cannot reach it. Even with my handy, dandy "spring-loaded", goose-necked grabber johnson. And of course I am just assuming the coax lying down in there (I can barely see it) is the original. The house is only 13 years old, and had cable pre-wired in every single room including the garage and master bathroom.

So that's why I'm looking for a way to "broadcast" the signal in there.

P.S. BTW “Johnson” is a word I use as a noun, when describing an item in which I don’t remember or know (at the moment) the proper word. A friend and I have been doing it for years. It’s our version of watchamacallit, or thingamajiggy.

Too much information??? :P
          -Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Comment

• Uncle Clive
            Former Moderator
            • Jan 2002

Can the cable be pulled out then send a fish line down to pull that cable back through again. I assume you can see where it's coming out in the basement "Johnson" ooops I mean....... Rock Dogg? :
            CLIVE

Comment

• Rock Dog
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2003

Well Clive,

I can't reach it. And based on the others I can get a hold of. They are stapled to the stud along the way. So I doubt even if I do get a hold of it. I'd be able to cut the far end off and add a nylon string or something that strong.

Maybe I can go from the ajoining bedroom to the other. But I SUCK at drywall cutting and replacement, and don't want to make a mess.

Thomas
              -Thomas-

Comment

• Uncle Clive
                Former Moderator
                • Jan 2002

From the adjoining room could you use a splitter from the cable line in that room and send a lead to the problem room. You may have to install a new plate if you just want to go or can go straight across (if you dont mind) this way you won't have to patch the wall.
                CLIVE

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"