X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

New User titles based on number of posts, Something to shoot for

Some of you may have noticed some new user titles. Senior member of course is a fairly low total and has always been here. At 1000 posts now, you become a Super Senior Member. At 3000 posts, I think it is, you become an Ultra Senior Member. I haven't went further than that yet, but we might. :-)

Enjoy your new monikors big posters, you earned them!

I have only come across one Ultra Senior Member so far, but I am sure there are others out there. Super Senior is pretty common.

Just something I decided to do while in the admin panel the other day. :-)

Doug
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

How come I'm still just just a plain ole "Moderator"? :W I haven't been very good at that, but posting... that's something else! :yeah:
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Actually, I was thinking about that too, I may have to consult our resident tech expert on changing moderator titles, (wicked grin)
      Doug

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

I ran the user title maintenance which updates existing user titles based on the new hierarchy. So there should be some ultra/super seniors out there now.

Presently there's no way to set up a hierarchy of titles for moderators. There's only one "ladder" and it applies to usergroups without a custom title. They could be done manually though.

I was thinking we could be more creative with the titles though, like some other sites do. Have them be HT or audio related. For example, the hierarchy could be "480i", "480p", "720p", "1080i", "1080p", "4K", etc.

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Agreed on the creative thing.

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

ok, I am a little confused, I think we should take this discussion to the mod area about moderator titles. I am a little confused, because I thought titles were working for the super senior and the ultra senior members I had created. Are you saying my change wasn't working?

I saw some titles that were.

I did change Jon's actual usertitle to something trying to get it to take effect, but as you said, I couldn't get it to show up. I tried the same thing with my own user title, same result, didn't show up.

Well, the creative thing is an idea, I'm not sure it will have that much meaning, but I will listen to reason. However, soon 480i won't mean much, 480p even. I like the even 500, 1000, 2000, 3000 5000 approach just fine though.

It would be nice to be able to change mod titles and admin titles.
            Doug

Comment

• Kevin P
              • Aug 2000

They work but they don't immediately take effect for everyone. It may update for a user after they post, but the maintenance job I ran updated the titles for everyone based on their current post counts.

In other words, when you added the new titles, someone who qualified for ultra whatever would still have had "senior member" until they made a post and the software rechecked their post count and updated their title.

There is a way to set a custom user title for a user, I'll PM you the details on how.

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

that makes sense. I get it... about the first part of that, the posting caused it to show up, I only checked people that had posted recently. :-)

the other, I'll be waiting...

Doug
                Doug

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"