X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darth Revan
    • Apr 2010

New Guy looking for a HT Home

I am not too good at these introductions.But I will try my Best.

My Screen name is Darth Revan(So you can tell I am a Star Wars Fan)
    But most people just call me T O (just like the 2 letters T(ee) O(hh))

I am looking for a Forum to call home.One where I can talk(and learn)about Home Theater and Audio.

I was into HT a while back but lost interest and got rid of most off my gear around 2000. Well around the start of 2009 I saw Blu-Ray and fell in love with HT again.

So,I have to admit that I do have a bad case of upgrade-itis.I constantly look,see,and think of new additions and improving what I have to make the experience even better.With HT and Music Listening.

And I guess the last thing is I live in North Carolina. So I was wondering if there may be some fellow North Carolina HT Fans on the forum.

So Thanks Everybody for taking the time to read my intro.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Nice intro, TO. If you're looking for a HT home, look no further. This is the friendliest forum on the net, loaded with many knowledgable members. Glad to have you aboard.

I'm a little bit further north of North Carolina, but the net makes it a small world, so just call me neighbor.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Darth Revan
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
      Nice intro, TO. If you're looking for a HT home, look no further. This is the friendliest forum on the net, loaded with many knowledgable members. Glad to have you aboard.

I'm a little bit further north of North Carolina, but the net makes it a small world, so just call me neighbor.
      Thank You Sincerely.
      I see you are just a little further North then I am.But its close enough for me.

I appreciate the kind welcome.Also,I Love the Part You Mentioned about the Friendliest Forum.
      That is a Major Plus and Just What I have been looking for.

I will have to say its nice to have someone actually reply to an introduction.Hasn't happened too often.

So,I am very Greatful and Thankful to have this oppertunity to meet you.

Comment

• htsteve
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Darth Revan,

Welcome to the forum! There are lots of us that can share our experiences and knowledge to help you learn. Also, we will help you with your upgraditis. We are good at spending other peoples money (since we have all been there with upgraditis).

Welcome.

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Welcome to the Guide, Darth Revan. :T
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Darth Revan
            • Apr 2010

Thank You Sincerely,Both John Holmes and htsteve.
            I really appreciate the welcome and kind posts.

And it does look like Upgrade-itis is a very contagious condition.
            I appreciate the offer to help spend my money.Only problem is I dont have much.

So,sometimes it takes a little while to get the funds I need for an upgrade.But, in the end its usually worth it.

Truly it is a Pleasure to meet you both.

Comment

• Alaric
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Jan 2006

T O , welcome to htguide. This is the home of some of the finest people on the web. You seem like a good addition to that group. :T You'll find knowledge here , (check the DIY areas) and vast experience. People who have heard and/or owned the gear your looking at. I think you'll like it here.
              Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
              Marantz PM-KI Pearl
              Schiit Modi 3
              Marantz CD5005
              Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Darth Revan
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Alaric
                T O , welcome to htguide. This is the home of some of the finest people on the web. You seem like a good addition to that group. :T You'll find knowledge here , (check the DIY areas) and vast experience. People who have heard and/or owned the gear your looking at. I think you'll like it here.
                Thanks for the Hello and introduction.
                It does seem to be a very friendly place.Which is a great thing.

And the DIY Sections look very impressive.
                Again Thank You Alaric.

Comment

• ShadowZA
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jan 2006

Welcome to the best guide out there, T O!

This forum is packed with useful information. I am grateful to the folk here for the help that I've been given over the years. If there is any specific information that you might need - an idea is to try the search function firstly. Never know what lurks there. Could be what you need to get you started.

Enjoy :T

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Hi T, welcome to The Guide. :welcome: We hope you like it here.

We may not be the biggest, busiest site around but our signal-to-noise ratio is a heck of a lot better than that of anyone else. (IMHO)

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

Again, welcome! :later: We used to have "Snap", a guy here from NC that was really into HT, but I haven't seen him for a while.
                      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"