X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

iTune's - finally, the end of DRM!

Finally, the end of the DRM nonsense is in sight. Hopefully this will set a precedence that others will follow.

From the MacWorld keynote http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/06/l...-2009-keynote/

10:28AM "By the end of this quarter, all 10 million songs will be DRM free." About time!

10:27AM "Next, iTunes Plus -- it's DRM free, and much higher quality. We've worked with all the major companies... starting today, 8 million songs will be DRM free." Huge cheers.

10:26AM "Over the last six years songs have been $0.99 -- music companies want more flexibility. New pricing, $0.69, and another tier at $1.29."
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100
  • littlesaint
    • Jul 2007

Great news. The DRM has never really bothered me, but I welcome the higher bitrate.
    Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Wow, cool. I was about to launch into the iTunes world and download a bunch of old "good memories" songs from my life, that I don't own. Guess I should hold off, though, so I get better quality and no DRM!
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"