X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeteG
    • Aug 2000

Marantz SR-14 vs Denon 5800??

Edited this message with some more detail:

Now I wish I was making this decision for myself, but unfortunately (for me )I'm not, it's for a friend. I am trying to help him out in deciding between the 2 receviers and figured I'd ask for some feedback here. Any ideas, insights, differences, preferences?

I have not yet heard the Denon, only the Marantz (I also am a bit biased being a loyal Marantz owner myself). It's a bit tough to compare the 2 head to head b/c no dealer here carries both.

He was going to go the seperates route but has since decided against it when he saw the Denon.

He currently has NHT 2.5il for the fronts, not sure about the rears), might be upgrading those as well. His split is 60/40 - Music/Movies

Thanks for the help.

Pete
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

That new Denon, is a big ass bad ass machine. I think the SR-14 is relatively old technology in comparison. Yes, both are good products, but I think the Denon "right now" is in a class by itself for a receiver. It's the only receiver with discrete DTS ES at this point, and has the most powerful amplifiers of any receiver built @ 170 watts!

I haven't had experience with either, but my money is on the Denon.

Lex

Comment

• PeteG
      • Aug 2000

Thanks Lex. I'm actually going to demo the 5800 with him tomorrow. I've read the specs and it seems to be unreal, I don't think they could put anything else in there!

I'm just going to have to control the upgrade bug as best as possible when I'm there Always the toughest part.

Thanks for the input, and great job with the site and crossing the 200 member plateau!

Pete

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"