X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Superbit at Costco

They have a big bin full of most available superbit titles for $18.99, with a one time per household $5 rebate when you buy.

And they were showing a 50" pioneer plama with *GASP* HD material hooked up thru the appropriate inputs!

Pretty sad that a warehouse membership store puts a better demo of products up than the AV specialty stores.

BB
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Now you've done it, Brandon. I've gotta go dig out the Costco membership card and go visit.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Jariten
      • Jun 2000

Yeah..
      here in Japan they have a 61" Plasma running....

oh well....still going FPTV !

^_^

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

Me, the wife and the kid schlepped out to the Tokyo Costco soon after it opened (we lived in Meguro-ku and were car-less)). We bought a bunch of stuff because we were told they delivered, then found out it was a 2-3 day and we had to carry all the perishables home. In August (think Florida in August for those of you not familiar with Tokyo weather). Luckily we had a 3 year old and his stroller.

It was a little bizarre shopping there (pun intended). Our subconscious would be lulled by the familiar suroundings into feeling like we had gone home, then we'd run into the giant jumbo pack of dried squid jerky or nori or something (we managed to tune out the fact that everyone in the store was Japanese). Or the compact appliance.

Speaking of which, consumer electronics aside, Japan has advanced far beyond the U.S. in one area more than any other - refrigerator access.

They have units over there with a handle on BOTH sides of the door, and whichever side you pull, that's the way it opens. And if you pull both sides, the door does NOT come off in your hands. Man, I wish I could have taken one of those apart to see the hinge engaging mechanism or whatever that made that work. Man on the moon my ass, THAT's progress.

BB

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

:rofl:

ROTFLOL... good one there, Brandon. Some of that stuff does amaze me.

CHRIS
          Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"