X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comeup
    • Jul 2005

Costco Installer

Sometime next year i'm thinking of buying a plasma to put over the fire place in my family room, Costco has installers that charge 350.00 to install and if i'm not mistaking will run cables in the wall if I already have ac outlet in the wall.

Has anyone used Costco installers or know anything about this???????

Blake
  • MrPorterhouse
    • Dec 2005

No, I haven't heard of them doing it, but its probably similar to BB and other big box installs.

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Here's the link...

It's a new service obviously using pre-existing service company. The great thing about Costco is that they have exceptional customer service. As a result I'd trust them much more than BB or CC.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Installing a plasma is not that hard. Any reason why you rather not do it yourself?
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Clive
          Former Moderator
          • Jan 2002

Not everyone has the ability/know-how to do this kind of job. Thoughts of it falling off the wall makes for bad nightmares. Not every home/wall configuration is the same. I have had various issues when I have had to install these units with different kinds of wall mounts.... metal studs vs wood studs, floating walls/plaster/concrete.......you name it. ops:

Yes it's not that hard if you're into this sort of thing but if that was the case, the poster would not have started this thread.

Going with a reputable comany is not a bad idea. I am sure these jobs are sub-con. to another trust worthy company. ONE THING...............make sure you get a written guarantee for at least 6 months to a year that the unit will stay on that wall :T

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
          Last edited by Clive; 25 December 2005, 13:28 Sunday.
          CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• comeup
            • Jul 2005

I'm actually pretty good with my hands being an electrician on ships years ago, but not good at putting walls back together or running cables through existing walls. I want no cables or wires existing after the job is done. At 350 dollars how could I go wrong if the job is done right. Thats a great price.

Thanks Clive for the encouragement about Coctco...

Merry Christmas to all....
            Blake

Comment

• Dmantis
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jun 2004

That price is about 100 bucks lower then average market value. I would ask to see some photos of there work. There are alot of hacks out there. They may have some good quality installers.

Good luck,

Dan

Comment

• ThomasW
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

That price is about 100 bucks lower then average market value. I would ask to see some photos of there work. There are alot of hacks out there. They may have some good quality installers.
                If you aren't familar with Costco that's they're business model, lower prices. But unlike WallyMart, Costco has amazing customer service. One can return a computer for a full refund up to 6 months after buying it...

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"