X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Something to test your subs :-)

I should post this to the "Xtreme" area but more people will likely see it here.

If anyone wants some "difficult listening" 10-20Hz information download the mp3s from site below. Convert them to wave files, and burn them to a CD-R. Be advised that the transients are somewhat extreme. Failure to heed this warning could result in there being woofer cones laying on the floor of your HT

Here's an image of the device in operation. There is a movie, and picture gallery on the website

One of HT-Guide's newer members has heard this on 12 Shivas Dancing.......Hi Rob!

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Cool! I'll have to remember this so if I change my speaker settings to large and run this through my little main speakers, will this ruin my woofers to the extent that my wife will notice how bad they are sounding?

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Lexman
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2000

Right Paul, use it as a tool. Blow the hell out of them, then turn a movie up loud that night. Just sit there like nothing is wrong. Finally she says, I can't take it anymore, go get the new Sonus faber you have had your eye on! Yeah momma!

Lex

Comment

• migliore
        • Nov 2000

Tom,

I finally did burn these tracks, and no way can my system keep up w/ your IB.

I thought that my 12" Paradigm HT sub, could at least do it justice, but, no way! Even the tactile transducers didn't help much!

I've even tried it on my car sub, which extends to 17Hz.

Rob

PS: Even if I blew my speakers, I don't think I'd be allowed to get the big, ugly, expensive (but great sounding) ProAc 5's.

Reviews and System
        Reviews and System

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Hi Rob

Lot's of people are into the Telarc 1812 CD for testing subs. I think that LHPO is the true "acid test"

theAudioWorx
          Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• John Holmes
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

The Dts Version of the Haunting put my JBL out of service, so I think I'll pass on this test:B

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
            "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• migliore
              • Nov 2000

Yes, I remember the Haunting giving my system a 'go-around' when I watched in in HD on Halloween. Tricker-treaters kept saying, "Wow, that's loud", "What is that?", "Whoa.."

Rob

Reviews and System
              Reviews and System

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

if you want bass try Titan AE. That movie is ungodly. Not only is the bass at or near the level it is in the haunting but it never stops. The entire movie is on long 20hz sine wave Great visuals as well

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"