X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

New Features

Hello all. We just upgraded versions of the software, thanks to Mats actually writing the code. For those of you that don't know, my partner Mats wrote this software. It's not just a package we purchased. A few new features? (NOT an exaustive list)

Please report any problems in Administrative in the thread for the new software version.

1. Log in at bottom of main page.
    2. New color bar selection for posts. (must make sure text is inside color tags after color selection, or highlight text before selecting color)
    3. Emoticons selection screen, so you don't have to use the blue drop down box now.
    4. Personal Avatar selection in profile. As you can see by my post here, I've got an avatar of a Sonus faber Extrema under my name, post count, location/message area. A couple of things apply though:

A. While some icons do flash in the icon screens, please be aware, we don't want everyone using these flashers. The board could get pretty busy if we did. If it comes to that, we will remove all flashing avatars. Sure, have fun with it at first, but please don't make your permenant icon something annoying, even if it is in our list of available icons.

B. You can't currently upload your own avatar to HTGuide. It must reside on the internet at your own location for now. Perhaps later, we will have an upload feature, or perhaps we can setup a procedure for having your icon loaded. TBD.

C. NO political or provacative icons are acceptable, and will be deleted from your profile without notice. Why? Because some people do surf around their family, and showing nudity to your children would not be acceptable, thus they couldn't surf the board with family around. We aren't an adult rated board, and don't desire to be. Political or provacative does include personal cruisades and any message of influence.

Have fun, and do express yourself, just follow the basic guidelines please.

Thanks,
    Lex
    Admin

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Very Cool! This is my avatar test. arty:

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

So what does this all mean to a computerwise challenged dude like me ? I have a hard time just starting up and shutting down the cursed thing.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Lex
        B. You can't currently upload your own avatar to HTGuide. It must reside on the internet at your own location for now. Perhaps later, we will have an upload feature, or perhaps we can setup a procedure for having your icon loaded. TBD.
        Actually I just thought of something... there is a way you could upload an avatar to HTG. Just upload it to the Gallery, then get the URL of the image and make it your avatar. Not only that, the Gallery generates a thumbnail that is a good size for an avatar (a tad bigger than the recommended max of 90 x 90 though), so you could upload a big pic and then use the thumbnail as your avatar.

Thoughts?

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
        My HT Site

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Well, then you have things in the gallery that maybe don't belong there, so perhaps not such a grand idea. Let's run this by Mats first...

Lex
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Kevin P
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Lex
            Well, then you have things in the gallery that maybe don't belong there, so perhaps not such a grand idea. Let's run this by Mats first... Lex
            I guess that depends on what you have for an avatar. Maybe Trev's babe wouldn't be suitable, but something like this would work:

This is an actual thumbnail from my gallery, btw. Or Mats could borrow from the gallery code to allow an avatar to be uploaded and resized automagically by the server.

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
            My HT Site

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"