Reducing "feet height" for Parasound components?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ricky
    • Aug 2000

Reducing "feet height" for Parasound components?

I am running out of rack space and was wondering if I can replace the approx 1/2 inch feet in a couple of my parasound components. Any thoughts? Are replacement feet (ie, 1/8 or 1/4 inch) sold anywhere?
  • Kevin_McC
    • Jan 2003

Ricky,
    You can buy the self-adhesive rubber pads at Wal-Mart, Home Depot etc.. If that's what your looking for and they come in all different sizes.

I would wonder if that wouldn't increase the amount of heat generated buy your amps though. You be cutting down on the amount of air allowed to flow threw or around your amps, so I'd be a little cautious with packing them tightly together.

Comment

• Ricky
      • Aug 2000

Thanks for the info, I will look for those rubber pads. I would like my parasound changer to fit on top of the 806 amp, and need to shave 1/4inch off their combined heights. The 806 does not run nearly as hot as my two 2200IIs, which have their own shelves and ~ 0.70 inches of top ventilation in my open rack.

So I would remove the 1/2inch feet from the 806 and put on 1/8 - 1/4inch rubber pads? There would still be the 1/2inch of top ventitation from the changer's feet.

Comment

• SiliGoose
        • Aug 2000

These are probably too big but you might want to contact the vendor for exact measurements: http://www.crtcinema.com/store/?page...0ae221c454baf8

This one is 1/2" :

-Sili
        www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Ricky- What Parasound changer is this that you have? (CD I assume and not DVD???) How do you find it to work for quality output?

CHRIS
          Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• Ricky
            • Aug 2000

Sili,

Thanks for the links. I'll call the first vendor. Not sure what the 2nd link means though.

Chris,

I have the cdc1500 5disc changer, that has the Adam upgrade --- which adds the balanced, AES/EBU digital output. The onboard dacs are actually quite good. I have bought all my Parasound gear used, so haven't really interfaced with Parasound much yet. I really like their products.

Comment

• SiliGoose
              • Aug 2000

Whoops! I'm not sure how that 2nd link got in there. Sorry. Do a search at www.partsexpress.com for isolation. I think that's how I found it. They have 3 or 4 different "feet" at various sizes. They're just plain black though.

-Sili
              www.campmurphy.net

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"