X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidY
    • Aug 2000

Tweaking advice for JVC AV-32D201 TV?

Recently, I had purchased a 32 inch JVC D-series TV. Although the picture is quite qood, it's not perfect. I think that I need to tweak it up to my standards. I already have the AVIA disk, but there appears to have menu problems with my Toshiba 2108 DVD player. Up to now, I have only used the THX feature in T2:UE to adjust the basic TV settings. The TV appears to have some convergence errors in the top right corner and the lower left quadrant. Also, using the anamorphic squeeze, I get a couple of short white lines (varies from 1 to 2 inches) at the top of the black bar and a dark grey line (broken in the middle) at the bottom bar -- both very distracting to the viewer. Any advice on how to fix this problem (BTW, I live in a very small community so ISF calibration is out of the question)?

Anyone know where I can buy a service manual for a JVC TV?

Dave
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

DavidY,
    What problems are you having with Avia?

I have a Toshiba 1200 and a 2yr old JVC 32980. I have done the squeeze trick. I had the same concerns about the grey line at the bottom. Then I read that this is normal when you do the squeeze (at least on JVC).

The reason I asked about what problem with Avia is, it requires that the subtitles be turned on for you to see the highlighted menus.

Also if you adjust the vertical center of the picture up a notch or two, you will mask the overscan lines at the top. You will however have the grey line at the bottom still.

Hope this helps

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• DavidY
      • Aug 2000

Thanks for the reply, John.

The last time I had used AVIA with my previous JVC TV and Toshiba 2108, I had problems with the menus. I had a hard time knowing which menu button was "lit". I hope that your "subtitle" tip will work this weekend.

Dave

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"