X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Circuit City cuts 1800

1800 employees gone, many were top commissioned sales people. Further, they eliminated their commission structure. Basically, hiring hourly drones to sell their stuff. So, what little intelligent life was there, most is gone now.

Way to go CC, supporting the people that helped to make you what you are! :nono:

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

That's what they get for screwing around with Divxx. :M

Seriously, I don't feel sorry for CC, it's all those unemployed that 's really sad.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Since the DIVX debacle came out, I haven't felt the need to patronize Circuit City. :F I guess what goes around DOES come around.

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

My perspective is a little different. Circuit City is keeping Best Buy honest in my town, I think. Outside of computers at compUSA, they've really got little competition. Regardless of the burr in the saddle from DIVX, that perspective is important for me as a consumer.

I've shopped there some since the debacle, though not really until last year.

But like George said, the people is what I hate this for. I personally know a guy that used to work for a credit company that did business with my Dad's business. Well, he's been at CC for years in sales. I'm guessing he was likely let go, or they took his incentive away at the least. I hate that for guys like that.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• SiliGoose
          • Aug 2000

I just sent my resume off to Circuit City too! Guess they won't be calling, huh?
          Guess I'll need to keep looking...

The interesting thing I read was that they were also converting all their salary store employees to hourly too. That must be a misprint though...I just can't see them negotiating an annual increase of $1.25 with the Store Director (General Manager of a store).

-Sili
          www.campmurphy.net

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"