X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eton
    • Jun 2006

Overpriced ?

My search didn’t show this link as being posted here before…

• servicetech
    • Sep 2007

My HOUSE didn't cost as much as many of these speakers.

Comment

• Kevin Haskins
      • Jan 2005

I showed my wife and she wouldn't let me put ANY of those speakers in her house. Her words not mine.

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Kevin Haskins
        I showed my wife and she wouldn't let me put ANY of those speakers in her house. Her words not mine.
        Does she live in a separate house, then? As long as the use of "her" was in jest, fine, but I have a few friends who, essentially, are guests in their own home (they make mortgage payments--frequently more than half--but they're lucky if they get to select the socks they wear on any given day). I looked at the speakers and my wife would likely not want most (if any--a few seemed okay) in the living room (largely for cost/practical space reasons) but she would NEVER presume to tell me that A) I couldn't have a pair of my choosing if the cost was not an issue NOR B) that OUR house is "her" house with the underlying implication that she has full veto rights on all things.

FWIW--I heard the horn (three horns: big, bigger, biggest) with the separate horn bass module at an A/V show last year and they sounded great. Way too big for any room in my house, but if I had space for them (and money ), I'd consider them.

Comment

• littlesaint
          • Jul 2007

I know someone who ones a pair of B&W Nautilus as shown in the first picture. They sound fantastic and are a work of art IMO. What makes them even more spendy is that each driver requires a separate amp. So that's 4 monoblocks (100W minimum) per speaker. 8 amps total. :E
          Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• Nolan B
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2005

My best friend has the Beolab 5 speakers and they look and sound amazing.

overpriced? Honesly I dont think so...I think they are works of art like many of the speakers on that list.

Comment

• lvhung
              • Jun 2005

Most thing in audio industry is over price
              if you don't love audio to death , stay away
              If you love audio if you to accept it when buying

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                • Sep 2001

So the obvious question is: "what about YOUR house?" :>)

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• gd
                  • Jan 2003

Of those shown I've heard the big Avantgarde system.

Meh...
                  greg (gd to you)
                  Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
                  production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• whoaru99
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by littlesaint
                    I know someone who ones a pair of B&W Nautilus as shown in the first picture.
                    It's not the first time it's been said, but those things always remind me of the alien monster in the Alien movies.
                    There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                      • Sep 2001

... those things always remind me of the alien monster in the Alien movies.
                      Maybe that's why someone of my acquaintance calls them "killer" speakers. :>)

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"