X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Chuck, good to have you join us here! Were you at DT when I was mod? I can't really recall right off, but maybe you were?

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Ricky
      • Aug 2000

Chuck,

My buddy who has heard just about every processor in my system finally come over tonight and listened to the Aragon. He thinks my system sounds great with the Aragon in matrixed 6.1 and 2 channel. The detail, dynamics, bass, channel separation were awesome, and he used the word "sweet" alot.

IMO, Sony 9000 to Soundstage would be at least as much as VT1.2 to VT2.

Comment

• Chuck G
        • Feb 2003

Lex, I am pretty sure I was at DT at some point in time while you were the mod. I was pretty regular from 1996 up until about 2001 when things came to a crawl. I finally gave up about a year ago visting the site.

Ricky, I am sure the soundstage would beat the Sony and it should. I am probably stuck with my combo (and happily so) until the E9000es dies. My next major upgrade has to be a HDTV. Hopefully the digital connections will be standardized and implemented on models about the time I will be looking to buy.

As for the Sony's Virtual Theater sounding like 7.1, I don't know how else to describe the difference from regular DTS/DD to that same signal processed in VT. It is an amazing sound. If you have not heard this mode (I think it became available with v 1.18c or 2.01) you really should. The manual states something like this when describing VT "mimics the sound of multiple rear speakers", and by God it does.

The Sony's E9000es 2 channel sound (using the digital inputs from either of my CD players) sounds almost identical to the P9000es using analog inputs. Maybe just a tad smoother bass response on the TAP.

Chuck
        Chuck

Comment

• Ricky
          • Aug 2000

Chuck,

I think we've hijacked this thread's original topic enough.

Comment

• SamS
            • May 2002

I miss DT a lot, and haven't stopped by here much.

I've cooled my jets in the past year since I got a new HDTV and a Lexicon.

I've been focusing more on just 2channel music and recordings, rather than HT.

Good to see some familar faces.

Comment

• SiliGoose
              • Aug 2000

Faces?

Man, if you're seeing faces here you might need to go away some more.

Stay a while. May DT rest in peace.

-Sili
              www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Well Sam, we do 2 channel and music here too, so join in.

Chuck, I'd say we did cross paths then, maybe didn't know it.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"