X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Blockbuster is aggravating me again

No, it's not because they sometimes only have full screen rather than widescreen. This time it's about making renting dvds more time consuming for me.

It's this way. They used to have the dvd rental section separate from the vhs. That way I could quickly scan the new releases, etc., and choose something ( in widescreen, of course) to rent and get the heck on home. Now they have the dvd and vhs tapes all together. They run from A to Z, so you have to go through the entire store to see what's new, or what's available in WS dvds.

I should have seen it coming. The dvd section continued to expand, causing the vhs section to shrink. Bet they are hoping that you will rent the tape if the dvds are all out.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

If they have gone to a strictly by-title "A-to-Z" arrangement instead of their previous "categories" (Drama, Action/Adventure, Family, Sci-Fi, Horror, Anime, Music, Classics, TV, Religious, Special Interest, Best Sellers, Employee's Recommended, How-To, God Only Knows What, et al) :>) then I would consider that an improvement. It was always a guessing game where they would stick a particular title. For instance, a local Blockbuster had "Annie Hall" under "Action/Adventure". (At least with an alpha arrangement, you’d know where to look!) And it seemed like their "new" stuff could sit there for more than six months before it graduated to the regular areas.

Of course, the point is moot for me, since they pissed me off in enough other ways in years past that even getting a coupon for a free rental (which I received from my local utility company around Xmas time last year) wouldn't be enough to get me to go back.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Burke, older releases are still categorized. It's the so called newer and new release titles that are on the walls. At least, that's the way the Blockbuster store here does it.

They pee me off a lot too, but there's only a couple of other dvd rental outlets in this area. None of them are WS friendly.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by The Great Burke-a-mundo
        since they pissed me off in enough other ways in years past

That reaction seems to be VERY common. I haven't been to a BB in a long time.

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"