My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

Or it should have been called:
    "How to internally crush your organs 101"

:LOL:

Way cool...would LOVE a demo in that room 8)
    Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

I think I am going with the whole house subwoofer next. Have you seen it? Nobody really has, because after 1 demo, the walls tumble, so there's nothing left to show, lol. :LOL:

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

The problem with a really BIG "speaker" like that is if it needs tweaking, you can't just "skootch it over". :>)

When I was a kid, one my classmates had a bunch of us over for parties at her house from time to time. Her dad, a successful trial attorney, liked to show off his music system, with huge dual sound chambers (with concrete block walls and sound-board liners) that had been excavated into the side of a hill after the house was built. Total cost for the project was reportedly over $100,000 (and this was back when that was considered to be a lot of money.) :>) Unfortunately, it sounded awful, because the contractor got the dimensions wrong, and he spent a lot of time redoing it.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Kevin P
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Burke Strickland
          The problem with a really BIG "speaker" like that is if it needs tweaking, you can't just "skootch it over". :>)
          Yeah, what do you do if you have a null or standing wave problem? 8O
          When I was a kid, one my classmates had a bunch of us over for parties at her house from time to time. Her dad, a successful trial attorney, liked to show off his music system, with huge dual sound chambers (with concrete block walls and sound-board liners) that had been excavated into the side of a hill after the house was built.
          Now that's wild. Imagine the backyard BBQ parties he could have had though! 8O
          Total cost for the project was reportedly over $100,000 (and this was back when that was considered to be a lot of money.) :>)
          FOr some of us, it still is a lot of money.
          Unfortunately, it sounded awful, because the contractor got the dimensions wrong, and he spent a lot of time redoing it.
          Or maybe he used Bose! :LOL:

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
          My HT Site

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Thats funny, I thought what I said was funny. :roll: Tough crowd.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Lex, wouldn't that then be the "hole" house sub? : Hey, it's only a tough crowd if we like you. . . feel the love?

Just an opinion here, but that room looks tacky. It MAY sound wonderful, but it doesn't follow through on the finsh. YMMV.

David - HTGuide flunky
              Our "Theater"
              Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

Yeah, definitely looks tacky, but worse thing is the cold feeling it seems to radiate. Sitting on that sofa listening to music would be like sitting alone in a stadium listening to a band on stage. I prefer pleasant surroundings.

Doesn't matter, though. Wifey says we can't afford this world's biggest subwoofer. Oh, well... :cry:

My Homepage!
                My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"