This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Yes the Line-up Maxx sounded really good. The bass it delivers is astounding considering how it looks (foot-print wise). The bass was easily compareable to my B&Ws. One heck of a job Dougie did with them.

I can't wait to see them when he's finished.

I also say he did a really bang up job with his chip-amp. As soon as he gets his little bit of noise taken care of...that will be one NICE amp!

Oh and no comments on the Sota turn-table that was brought and LEFT for a Month at Bill's house... that thing is absolutely wicked! ;x(
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Originally posted by wkhanna
      Thanks for posting the follow-up pics! You should point out who's who in the picture!
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Chris D
        Thanks for posting the follow-up pics! You should point out who's who in the picture!
        Names have been changed to protect the innocent. :lol:

I'm second from the left holding the water bottle... too much alcohol the night before. ops:
        -Dan

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Only ones I can remember at the moment is the far left is Bill, Dan, the 2 after that are John and Jim or Jim and John something like that? And then me.

I put my spikes on last night. Also ordered some of the binding posts that Bill has and some Cherry Vinyl and banana plugs. The spikes really seem to help a lot. I had that Telarc Sampler Vol 4 in last night and some of those symbol crashes and big bass drums really slam and give a very realistic feel and sound. Sounded awesome!

Comment

• wkhanna
            Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Dougie085
            He probably won't be up for a while Didn't get to bed until quite early in the AM after the nice bottle of Pinot (spell check?) he got for his B-Day Stuff was a bit too hot for me but I don't drink much.

Oh Bill which album was that 10,000 Maniacs LP?
            Actually, it was a bottle of Port, V nice Port from my wife. And yes, I did sleep till 9:30 AM, something I have not done in ages :E

The 10K Maniacs LP is "In My Tribe", BTW.

We had a total of 11 people show up, by best recollection, and as Dougie said, the picture is of, from left to right, me, Dan (PewterTA), John and his son, John jr., and last but not least, Dougie.

One of the guys, Emery, is the one who brought the Sota TT. He came by yesterday to pick it up, but my wife came in the door while he was here with some of her old albums she still had and brought back with her after visiting at her mother's house. When Emery saw that my wife was so interested in the TT, he asked us to keep it for a few weeks while he is out of town. I'm having ball listening to it, and thanks to Emery, my wife now wants one almost as much as me!
            _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
            ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

Did he fix the speed? :B

Comment

• Finleyville
                • Sep 2006

I am sooooooo bummed that I missed the festivities. Hopefully I will get to hear those Maxx's, chip amp, and the vinyl in the future. It sounded like everyone had a great time.

BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILLY!
                BE ALERT! The world needs more lerts.

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

Yeah like I told you before you and Chris will have to come by my new place when we get moved in or something as both of you missed it.

Comment

• PewterTA
                    • Nov 2004

Or maybe just have an informal get together. I'm sure Bill won't mind us just showing up out of the blue. :B

I need to get back over to his house, I've got some nice records I want to hear (not sure if they are still in good shape, but definitely quality material). :T
                    -Dan

Comment

• wkhanna
                      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2006

Your guys should already know, you are always welcome at our place! :T
                      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Hdale85
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2006

But then I have to drag my speakers over again Of course at least I'd have some sort of finish on them. I got my Cherry Vinyl today looks quite nice. Also got my binding posts... Bill I sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"