X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Anyone in the Pittsburgh,PA area?

Well im looking for somone around Pittsburgh with wood working tools that would be willing to help me build a couple enclosures. I want to build them my self i just dont have the tools and i live in an apartment so it would be a little hard to get the tools and put them somwhere. Just figured I'd ask before i go paying someone a lot to build 2 cabinets. Thanks

Doug
    Last edited by Hdale85; 24 April 2006, 23:39 Monday.
  • Brian Bunge
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2001

Doug,

I know Pete Mazz lives somewhere in PA. I believe his location of the forum is listed as "Bucks County", wherever that is. You might want to look him up on the forum and see if his email is in his profile. It's possible that he might be able to help you out.

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Pete lives in or near Warminster.

He owns ....

Bucks County Woodworking
      375 Ivyland Rd Ste 24
      Warminster, PA 18974-2235
      (215) 672-3199

It's a professional cabinet shop. He's built speakers for some of our members.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• cuda65
        • Feb 2005

You might check with the local park district or schools in the area. Sometimes they have workshops available to rent. Might be a way to do it yourself. Just a thought.
        Doug

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Yea i didnt really just want to pay somone to do it I would like help probably but i would like some part in it i think. I dont know, If it was a decent enough price i wouldnt mind having them built professionally.

Comment

• dyazdani
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Dougie085
            Yea i didnt really just want to pay somone to do it I would like help probably but i would like some part in it i think. I dont know, If it was a decent enough price i wouldnt mind having them built professionally.
            What are you building? Any thoughts as to getting the pre-made cabinets from PE? That would save you some time and you'd have a nice looking cabinet too.
            Danish

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

Well the RS 3 Ways the TMWW ones (Towers) the one in the thread with the WMTW. I dont think parts express has an enclosure for that. I think madisound has a tower enclosure but im not sure its the right size?

Its a little smaller, I'd like to stick to the origional size, I don't really want to lose any performance. Not sure if I'd really lose all that much or not?

Comment

• dyazdani
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Dougie085
                Its a little smaller, I'd like to stick to the origional size, I don't really want to lose any performance. Not sure if I'd really lose all that much or not?
                Size, as in width needs to be the same for the XO design to work correctly.
                Danish

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

Well then deffinately wont work as its only 9" wide and the cabinet for the RS 3 ways is 10.75 inches wide.

Comment

• wkhanna
                    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

Dougie,

Give me a PM. I'm in Mt Washington and have a garage and 'some' tools. Mostly for moto and auto repair, but I am considering making a sub, and would be willing to share some of the cost for clamps and such other sundries as necessary in order build some cabinets. I also have electronic soldering experience and equipment for help with x-overs.
                    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Hdale85
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2006

Pete's shop is about 300 miles away from me near Philidelphia but i sent him an email lets see what he says?

Comment

• Hdale85
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2006

Well he said it wouldnt be worth it for either of us. So back to searching for somone in my area.

wkhanna i messeged you but never heard anything back? PM me if your still interested.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"