X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maseline_98
    • Apr 2005

HD-PLC(HD over power line cable).

I've found this technology pretty interesting. I noticed awhile back when marantz introduced a product that gave a multi-room functionality. I was wondering what other people thought about it and what the future/limitations it might have. From what I've read, it can have a transfer rate of 190mbps. It seems that marantz and panasonic are the forerunners in the tech. Here is a link to familiarize yourself with it if you didn't know anything about it:

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
    Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

• Nov 2004

It's a great idea, but it needs to be a flawless design though. Take the phone-over-AC adapters. Phones transmit 800hz of data, yet you still get a bit of static in such a small amount of signal transmition. 800Hz vs 19Mhz (equivilant)= a lot more static interference. AC is so powerful anywhere. It has so much potentional. I'm sure.

But even the middle section shows:
    *2) This is the theoretical maximum data transmission speed of the "HD-PLC"
    specifications. Actual data rates are 80 Mbps for UDP (measured using SmartBitsR
    network performance analyzer) and 55 Mbps for TCP data transmission (achieved on Linux-based FTP server).
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"