• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Data usage question

Attention computer expert people !!

This may sound like a dumb question to some people but I will ask anyway.

I have no wired internet at my apartment and all my devices at home connect to my phone's WiFi hotspot and feed off my phones data plan (Phone/laptop/printer/ PS3). My phone delivers 54.0 mbps wireless according to my laptop.

My question is this....... If I watch Netflix, YouTube or listen to spotify on my PS3 does it use more data than if I did the same thing on my phone itself?

Let me know?

Thx.
    Dan Madden :T
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

It depends... if you watch a 480p stream on the phone and a 720p stream on your other device, then yes, the other device will use more data. Also phones sometimes use lower bitrate streams. A good test would be to note how much data you've used, then stream 10 minutes of something on the phone, note the data used, then stream the same thing on another device, and compare the amounts.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"