Uh, oh... I got another 3 seconds of fame...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Uh, oh... I got another 3 seconds of fame...

I seem to be quickly running out of my allotted 15 minutes. Just found this little blurb on me today:

At CEDIA, CEPro was interviewing random people on what their biggest A/V challenge is right now.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Nice! My biggest challenge is budgeting for all the upgrades they keep coming out with (and then getting boss to agree - "yes dear, we do really need this new 4x4 HDMI matrix"). Ah, one can but dream....
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Nice stuff, Chris.

My biggest challenge is sticking to my guns on not going hi def on either dvd format until a decent priced dual player arrives. I'm 71 and can I live long enough ..... ? :lol:
      My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Cool blip Chris!

My biggest challenge, is not disturbing my nieghbors! :P
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Club1820
          • Jan 2006

My biggest challenge is even getting ANY time to enjoy my equipment and home theatre with a 4 & 2 yr old AND a wife!
          Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• Fred333
            • Oct 2007

That is my problem too. I go and buy all of this nice HT equipment but got a new job that is very time consuming.
            Always looking for a Scranton Web Design company.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Yeah, what's up with that bogus thing of needing a job to pay for our HT hobbies?
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Hi ya' Chris. How's the frozen North (and those icy runways)?

I'm now having to start looking into HDMI switching. There's no pressure yet, I'm just planning ahead and I'm not trying to distribute to multiple zones. I'm just trying to get multiple input sources to display on a single output device. I'm running HD-satellite and will be running HD-DVD as soon as the player arrives - yeah, I fell off the fence thanks to Dean's thread. My problem will be if/when I add a Blu-Ray player, as my Pioneer Elite plasma only has two HDMI inputs.

I've been out of the loop for a few months now, so I'm playing catch-up. Any thoughts?

P.S. After seeing the PQ available through HDMI vs. component, there's no way I want to have to resort to component.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Yeah, switching is something we all run into sooner or later. The ONLY switcher that has worked for my setup is the Parasound Zhd. Fantastic little switcher. http://www.parasound.com/zcustom/zhd.php Other people have had success with other cheaper switchers, such as Gefen and Monoprice, but those had HDCP problems for me.
                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"