X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armbender
    • Jul 2005

Hook-up Question

Seems silly but for some reason i cant figure it out...im trying to hook my Nintendo Wii into my system.....i tried a bunch of ways but i cant seem to get pic into the tv and sound to the reciever.....i have my tv hooked to my reciever via monitor out....then i ran the wii component cable to component in #3 and the analog audio to video in #3.....i get sound but no pic...i tried all inouts for my tv but still nothing....

Could someone shed some light,,,

Cheers
    Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords
  • Pez
    • May 2004

Try hooking the Wii up to the TV directly and see if that works. If so then you know its not the cables. Or try a different input on your receiver. Do you have other components connected to the receiver, like a DVD player or cable box? Does the Wii have any settings for using component video compared to composite or S-video?

Comment

• rattmann316
      • Aug 2005

assign the input on the receiver maybe?
      RB-1070
      RC-1070
      RCD-1072
      B&W-DM602 s3

Comment

• Armbender
        • Jul 2005

the wii works directly when connected to the tv..video and audio....all my other components are connected via HDMI or DVI to the TV and audio through the reciever.....i tried running a component from the tv to video in on the reciever and ran the wii to the video out...still nothing.i tried every input on the reciever but nithing i already have the moniter out going from the tv to the 1056 so i figured by the manual that i have to run the wii component to the video in # 1,2 or 3....and the video source would be direct to the tv via the moniter out...but i have that set to my 1056 menu//......hmmmmmm
        Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords

Comment

• rick c
          • Aug 2004

I may be wrong but if you run the component of the wii to the receiver you need to run component from the rec to the tv and assign it.audio would be to the rec via dig and assign it also.I'm not familiar with the wii but i gave it a shot.

Comment

• Armbender
            • Jul 2005

so i should run the wii componenet into Viseo in on e the reciever say #1 and run a componeent from Video out to the tv....audio is only available via analog on the wii.....unfortunately...my 360 was no trouble to set up....

Comment

• rick c
              • Aug 2004

connect the audio to corresponding analog for audio.

Comment

• luvdozer
                • Apr 2007

maybe you should just wait and ask the two japanese guys who will come to your house and creepily ask to "play" with your new game console.

Comment

• Armbender
                  • Jul 2005

hahaha..prob not

Comment

• rattmann316
                    • Aug 2005

any updates?
                    RB-1070
                    RC-1070
                    RCD-1072
                    B&W-DM602 s3

Comment

• Armbender
                      • Jul 2005

i had to buy an adapter for the analog cable..ran the component direct to the tv and used and extension for the analog to go direct to the reciever via Video in.......i tried everything to avoid the use of the adapter but nothing worked,,,,oh well....it sounds and looks great..sure wish the wii had digital adio though...

Thanks for all the sugestions....

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"