X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brewer
    • Feb 2002

Wireing Speakers

I liked to explore all options on hooking up my speakers .I have a Kenwood 504 HT ,What im thinking of doing is wireing the book self speakers togeather and make them the center speaker then use my loud speakers as my fronts.

What are you doing when your not do something else :roll:

Kevin A Brewer
    Kevin A Brewer
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Brewer, just be aware that if you wire those speakers "together", you may be presenting your receiver with a "halved load". That means, if they are 8 ohm speakers, you will then be running at 4 ohms. This could be dangerous over the long haul to your receiver.

As to the loudspeakers, depending upon where the volume is set, is that true of any speaker?

Goodluck,
    Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

You will probably be better off hooking just one of the bookshelves up as a center and then positioning it over the TV.

What kind of speakers do you have? If your fronts and center are poorly matched (sound quality/timbre wise), you might be better off without a center at all, until you can get matched speakers. If you're in the "sweet spot" you don't need a center at all; it's more to benefit those who are off center relative to the fronts.

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
      My HT Site

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"