X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NMyTree
    • May 2004

Audio Shops In Knoxville, TN?

Hi guys.

I'm visiting my sister and her family here in Knoxville. I would like to find some cool audio shops, for my brother-in-law and I to visit.

Anyone know of any in this area?

Thank you.
    Tony
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

NMyTree,

You may want to pm Lex. He's in that neck of the woods thus, may have some insight for you.
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Tony, it's a thin area, we lost our best shop Statement Audio, due to the owner's health, even Tweeter's bought out NOW A/V, and is not closing the doors.

There's a place called Statement custom home theater design or something like that, I guess trying to draw on the Statement Audio name, on Kingston Pike, but I don't recall their exact name. I got the impression it was more a custom installations operation. They are near PF Chang's chinese resturant.

There is one shop in Sevierville, TN, though I have not been in it. It's on the main drag to Pigeon Forge from Sevierville. Sorry, I am bad on the name, but I know where it is. We had one that opened in Farragut, but I don't think it survived.

I wasn't much help.

Doug
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• NMyTree
        • May 2004

Thanks Lex and John.

Yeah, doesn't appear to be anything around here. I went up and down Kingston yesterday, for about an hour. I saw the Tweeters, but that looked to be closed down. Maybe it was just too early and they weren't open, yet. It was between 9:00 AM-9:30 AM when I drove by there.

I think I saw PF Chang, but I'm not sure. I saw a few Chinese food places.

When I get a an hour or two to myself, I'll check out Statement Custom Home Theater Design (or whatever it's called); and see what they are all about.

I'm going to that Disc Exchange place on Kingston, some time today. See if I can hunt down some rarties or good deals. :B They seem to have a big store and a huge amount of new and used CDs. Wonder if they have vinyl in there?

Several years ago when we were here, I remember seeing a new/used vinyl record store, some where around here. But I don't remember the name or exactly where it was located. I thought it was on Kingston, but I haven't seen it yet. I'll check through the phone book and see if I can find it. You recall such a record store, Lex?

If I can't check out some gear, I'll certainly try to hunt down some music. Would have done that, anyway.
        Tony

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

The big used store is McKays, it's on Papermill off Kingston Pike. PF Changs is at the corner of Papermill at Kingston Pike.

McKays has about everything, but not sure on LPs. I don't remember ever seeing LPs there though.

There's a hole in the wall shop in South Knox for LPs.

Tweeters is officially CLOSED. I guess the lady that sold NOW A/V to tweeters knew what she was doing.

The average consumers are eating Best Buy up. Best Buy has it's "Magnolia Hi Fi in it.

Oh, the Disc Exchange is the small one on Kingston Pike, the large one is on US 441 Chapman Highway, near me. Across river bridge in downtown to south knoxville, big store.

If I had not had the crud all week, I'd say you could come over teo Lex's Hi Fi. But I don't know if that would be smart with me having had that dumb virus this last week. I'm getting better, but it's been slow and my house is a freakin nightmare right now, and me not feeling like keeping reasonable order hasn't helped.

Ok, it's Statement Media and Design is their exact name, located at 6739-c Kingston Pike I don't know if they keep a showroom, I would think so in that relatively high rent building. I got voice mail, not a live person at 865-766-0016

Not sure on that media store, really... It's sad, it seems Knoxville has went backwards in progress for the audio world. Statement Hi Fi was such a nice shop, so sad.
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"