• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Is There Such A Thing As This ?

An optical cable switcher.
    My Denon 3801 doesn't have an AC3 input for my Pioneer LD/DVD combi player, so I had to buy an RF Demodulator. It's a Sony and doesn't have auto sensing. I have the AC3 out on the Pioneer connected to the Demodulator coax input, and the Demod's optical out connected to the Optical Input on the Denon. This is fine for any AC3 laserdiscs, but if I play non AC3 lds or any dvd material, I have to switch off the demod and go with an analogue signal. To get around this,I have connected an Optical cable to the Pioneer and switch it with the Demod's optical in on the Denon manually. It's no big deal because I rarely use the Pioneer for dvd playing, but I have many Dolby Pro Logic ( or non AC3 ) laserdiscs and would like to stick with a digital connection.

Does any of this make any sense ?

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

George, or should I say, Mr. 600 Club. (your at 599), I haven't personally heard of an optical switcher, but that doesn't mean there isn't such an animal. Maybe one of the other guys has heard of one...

goodluck!
    Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I hope this helps.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

John,
        Thanks, my friend, that is exactly what I am looking for. Now the question is whether or not Radio Shack has it in Canada. If they don't have it now, they probably will soon. Again, my thanks. It will save me crawling behind the rack .

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Your welcome! If you have trouble locating one up there let me know. I'd be glad to ship one from here if necessary.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

hmmm, people helping people, it's a novel idea. I like it. Good find John!

Lex
            Doug

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

George, I noticed it's available online, I assume from Canada, unless that's a problem for Rat Shack orders...

Lex
              Doug

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

Yep. I can get it here. Thanks all.

My Homepage!
                My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"