X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barcaeagle
    • Mar 2007

Newbie looking for some ´sound´advice with ´vision´

Hello to all ? I am a newbie here to the forums and need some of ?your advice?!

I am what I call an AV voyeur, i.e. Love the technology, read all the magazines and net reviews but due to moving to Spain, having kids etc my hobby really hasn?t materialised as much as I wish.

I have recently upgraded my Loewe TV to a Sony KDL-40W2000 with a Panasonic EX-75 and have a small Pioneer lifestyle system in my main lounge.

I have converted a granny flat attached to my house to an AV room: - 7.88*3.88*2.25M with a full acoustic tiled room, pre laid conduits for cables and separate mains ring to the house.

I have a budget of 30k ? 40k Euros to spend on a 80/20 movie/music system (although the wife would prefer the lesser as we are expecting again) to spend and after lots of reading and a little listening (there are not many AV companies here in Valencia) I thought I had decided on the following ?

Sony Pearl
    Stuart screen ( discounted by AV company)
    B&W 803 Fronts, B&W sub and surrounds matching fronts
    Classe SSP-300 CA -5200
    Marantz 9600 dvd player of Nad M55
    Cables MIT and installation included in price of Eur 40,000

Ive read alot about the complete NAD master system as it would come well in budget with the B&W speakers ?. any ideas ??

?. Last week I came across another AV provider here in the city and he suggested the following

Krell Showcase Amp Eur 6,520
    Krell Showcase Pre Eur 5,870
    Sonus Faer CremonaFronts Eur 6,731
    Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor surrounds Eur 2,795
    Sonus Faber Cremona Centre Eur 3,077

Sonus Faber Cremona Sub Eur 2,404
    Theme Scene H81 1080p Projector Eur 7,590
    Cables Video Eur 750
    Cables Audio Eur 2,750
    Screnn Mella c244 Eur 1,395

I will be auditioning the alternative set up soon but ...

Does anyone have any ideas of other set ups considering my room size adn also the 80/20 movies / music split , or any ideas about the KRELL system ... it looks like its been around for a few years now ??

Merdian ?? Others

I thank you all in anticpation :T
  • comeup
    • Jul 2005

Barcaeagle,

Welcome to htguide, it appears that you have some cash to spend on some nice equipment I would take my time and listen to as much as possible so much to choose from. You've mentioned some nice stuff its all good, but don't forget to checkout www.mcintoshlabs.com they are among the best good old American made.
    Blake

Comment

• bigburner
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

Hi Barcaeagle,

I suggest that you spend some time reading the many threads in this forum, both current and old. You will find numerous answers to your questions here.

The good news is that the movies and music will be wonderful after you've spent 30k or 40k Euros, regardless of what you buy.

Nigel.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"