X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

Nation's Largest Theater chain files...

For Bankrupcy/Ch 11 I think. Ouch. Regal Cinemas, perhaps bit off more than they could chew. Warning signs had been in existence all last year that the company was in financial trouble.

Really unfortunate for the Knoxville based Company. Of course, the headquarters could be relocated with new management at the helm. That remains to be seen. Some Billionaire type from the western part of the country taking the helm, from what I read.

One of their biggest problems I think was opening the mega theaters with the gaming facilities and resturants. It seems folks went to the movies, and that was about it. They really didn't go for the indoor amusement park stuff.

Lex
  • Markj
    • Aug 2000

Isn't Edwards in Ch/11 too. Well it will be interesting to see what happens with all of the movie houses have problems. Maybe home theater is taking its toll.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Well, when I finally went to the movies this past Monday, you could count heads in the crumby theater I was in. My wife counted 30,including us.It's hard to say if it's HT causing the problem, after all, tv watching is also on the wane. But perhaps the introduction to dvd, their low prices and now rental availability is indeed part of the reason.Too bad. I'd hate to see the demise of the cinema in general, but when they throw together a cineplex similar to the one I attended here, they're just asking for trouble.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"