X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Hey you lurkers-

C'mon and climb aboard. This is agreat site with great members and will only get better with more participation by members and new members.There's also a lot of knowledge at this site, so throw out your questions or problems and someone with knowledge in your particular interest or problem will do their best to help. I know I've certainly gotten a lot of help at this site.
    SO COME ON NOW- LET'S GET TOGETHER AND DISCUSS THIS GREAT THING CALLED HOME THEATER.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Thanks George for a very nice message. I have asked the lurkers to come aboard before, but it's always good to re-iterate the request.

Search engines have not been kind to us, and that hurts I am sure. There are many other good forums, so we all compete with each other for new members. You can't really blame someone for wanting to be a part of a big forum, before helping a little one to grow. Thankfully, many of you guys have given htguide a chance, and wound up enjoying it just as I do.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• KennyG
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2000

I always find the idea of lurking a strange one...I can't imagine not wanting to chime in, or ask questions on subjects. For me it would be a waste of time not to participate!
      I have been a member of four HT sites, am still active in three of them, and have over 700 posts in all of them...lurkers come on in, the water's warm.

Comment

• Robbie
        • Aug 2000

Kenny,

I don't know. I was a lurker before I made the jump and still mostly lurk. I will add I am more active on this forum more than the others.

Robbie

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Robbie-
          Glad to hear you're more active at this site.

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Eric S
            • Sep 2000

For me, it depends upon which project I am currently interested in. Long ago, I was selecting speakers and amps. Then I was building a subwoofer. Plenty of folks to talk to about these topics. Then I was building my own interconnects and speaker wires (Sorry, Lex - I'd have purchased some of your silver cats had I not made my own silver ICs just before you announced your site! You've got the best prices around on what I'm sure is a very high quality product!). Now I'm more interested in building amplifiers and speakers. I've recently been more active in other forums that focus on building your own amps, preamps, etc than I have been here and at other home theater forums.

Its really nothing personal against anyone here (or anywhere else), just depends on what I am currently focusing on. Other times, I get swamped at work and don't do any reading for weeks at a time - darn job!

I do like the atmosphere at this forum best of all the "others" I read. Its small and everyone knows everyone else pretty well! Gives you that "warm fuzzy".
            My DIY Theater Projects

Comment

• Mats
              Special Member
              • Jun 2000

Yipee!!!

My first post here! Its too bad I didn't even know this forum existed until a couple of days ago.

Rajiv...
              Mats
              Mats Strömberg
              Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
              Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Welcome to htguide! How did you find out about us?

Yeah, Robbie stays pretty busy staying after me to do drawings now, that's good for a few posts a month, lol.

Lex
                Doug

Comment

• Mats
                  Special Member
                  • Jun 2000

Hi Doug!

Well I found out about you when I was looking thru some post on the AVS forum and then surfed on in here. When I saw you and a few other recognizable names, I knew where everyone had gone and had to register!

For many months I thought you guys disappeared or were really pissed off at the other forums.

By the way, is it ok to have the user name that I selected?

I'm glad to see you are doing fine and I'm happy to be here.

Rajiv...
                  Mats
                  Mats Strömberg
                  Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
                  Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

Comment

• Lex
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Apr 2001

Well, I still try to get around to the other forums man. I just don't make it as much as I would like to. After all, we establish priorities, and since I am half owner of htguide, I need to be here more than other places. We did capture a few AVS faithfuls, and HTF, and HTT, and... But we sure are glad to have you with us!

Well, I sent you an email about the username. It does sort of concern me that you could be mistaken for Madrigal personnel. I would really like to put something with it, like Mr. Madrigal, Madrigal Man, etc... You think about it.

Thanks,
                    Lex (Doug)
                    Yeah, occasionally, I answer to Doug. At work they say Doug, and nobody answers. Oh, they are talkin to me! LOL.

Cable Guy DVD Collection
                    Doug

Comment

• Lex
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Apr 2001

Oh yeah, you don't have to register again, just let me know what you want it to be and I think I can change it on the fly.

I do seem to remember your name. Hmmm, was it AVS I saw you at only? Mind isn't what it used to be. lol.

Lex
                      Doug

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2001

Rajiv,
                        Glad to have you aboard. Look forward to some posts by you, Madrigal man.
                        george

My Homepage!
                        My Homepage!

Comment

• Marc
                          • Aug 2001

'kay I'm in.
                          I confess; I am/was a lurker.
                          Hi all.
                          It was George's motivational message that got me here.

Comment

• iluvmadrigal
                            • Aug 2001

Lex,

We first discussed at the Digital Theater Forum and then later at Knapp's HTT.

Are Cat Cables your under taking? If I had known, I would have ordered some time back, instead of going to Bettercables.com.

Rajiv...

Comment

• Lex
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Apr 2001

Yup Raj, CATCables.com is my company.

Don't sweat it, maybe you have other needs or upgrades to do yet? We have lots of exciting things in store for the future. As time and money allows.

Cable Guy DVD Collection
                              Doug

Comment

• GregoriusM
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Oct 2000

Some of us just want to have a "lurk-see" and some of us want to post, I guess.

Hey, Doug! It seems that CatCables is getting some good "press" on HTF! Nice to see!

... Greg
                                Gregor

Comment

• Lex
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Apr 2001

Thanks Gregorious. Yes, things are going swimmingly right now for CAT. Orders aren't just pouring in, but that's ok too. We are beginning to get brand recognition, and it's most all been positive to date. The S-video thread went ok, not fabulous. But hey, that's only 1 product we sell.
                                  To my knowledge, no direct comparisons have been performed on audio/digital/component video to date with CAT and others. Except for Po-ming casually making comparisons of Silvercats to Kimber Silver Streak occasionally in his posts. That's sort of a shame, because I think we kick butt in all those areas.

Lex
                                  Doug

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Jan 2001

Hello,Marc,
                                    Welcome aboard. Glad I helped in luring you out of the woods into the clearing.I look forward to your future posts.
                                    Regards,
                                    George

My Homepage!
                                    My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"