• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

First review on the LG Dual HD dvd Bluray player

Go here:

Go to the view by category drop down menu top keft, choose Home Entertainment, when the page comes up scroll down until you see the LGBH100 review.

I found it somewhat disappointing and will probably wait for another review or wait for more dual players to hit the market before jumping into the hi def dvd world.
    My Homepage!
  • gross30
    • Jun 2005

Interesting review. Like I said in another post, I think I will wait until the second or third gen dual players, as hopefully they will work out the HD/DVD bugs. There definately will be more players coming this year. We will just have to wait and see. The TOSH X2 is getting great reviews, but it limits a buyer to chose one format. Personally I would like to be able to chose either format.

Comment

• jim777
      • Mar 2005

Well I would hope for ONE format to win before a too good universal player get out, because that will only mean that WE the consumers will always have to pay for both technologies...

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I'm beginning to think this may wind up being similar to DTS/DD in some respects. We'll wind up with players that will support both formats and one will be a more Joe 6-pack choice (HD) and one will be more of an enthusiasts' choice (BluRay). Don't push this comparison too hard as it'll break down. It's just an observation that maybe this isn't a Betamax/VHS situation after all.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Interesting, David, and you might be right!
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• Snap
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by David Meek
            I'm beginning to think this may wind up being similar to DTS/DD in some respects. We'll wind up with players that will support both formats and one will be a more Joe 6-pack choice (HD) and one will be more of an enthusiasts' choice (BluRay). Don't push this comparison too hard as it'll break down. It's just an observation that maybe this isn't a Betamax/VHS situation after all.
            I agree. I was going to get the LG combo player, but I have made the choice to check out Bluray, So ordered the Elite BRD player. Very interested to see how it looks.
            The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Pez
              • May 2004

Although a universal seems like a good idea I agree that it wont help this format war come to end, only drag it out. I havent read the review yet but I think someone on this forum saw it action and basically said its not worth getting.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"