X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

Garbage in...Garbage out

This weekend I've been in strike, other than house chores (cook, vacum,mow,wash&brush dogs) I've been watching movies and eating ice cream!
    Last night I watched "the Eagle has Landed", what a crappy transfer (see DVD director for the horror of it) I stuck with it to the bitter end.
    To counteract that mess and make sure what I just saw wasn't my projector/htpc acting up, I put in Criterion's Armageddon. Even thought it's non-anamorphic it's an excellent transfer.
    I hadn't planned to watch the whole thing, just make sure the video display was working correctly (Eagle really had me wondering) I had never seen this disc on my projector, I was awestruck, and watched from start to finish. WOW, even non-enhanced, criterion sure know's what they're doin'.
    Tonight I started to watch the latest "SE" tranfer of "Stargate", damn! this picture didn't look a whole lot better than the Eagle has Landed...and this title only came out about a year ago! 15 minutes in I ejected it.
    Not one to sit quietly by, I put in the Abyss, very nice transfer, but not as good as Armageddon.
    Last year, on my 35" tv, I watched three of these titles, Stargate, Armageddon, the Abyss, and thought all three looked pretty good.
    With this display system I use now, it's to easy to see the differences, I'm seeing things in the transfer that I don't even know the names of, and that makes it easy to rank the transfer qualities.

Garbage in...Garbage out, never was it more true...I suppose that's why I've replaced my Kubrick and Stone titles
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Wow, I almost bought The Eagle Has Landed this morning, until I realized I didn't have my wallet with me. Is this transfer non-anamorphic, or is it just an awful transfer,period ?

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• KennyG
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2000

Both

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"