X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike V
    • Jan 2001

Amplifier stands

I am looking for sources for these.

I thought about DIY, but time is a precious thing these days.

Thanks for any help
  • John Kotches
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Well, if you want a large selection online, check out Audio Advisor.

In terms of rugged build, and ability to handle even the largest amps with ease, look at Sound Anchors.

For load and appearance, the Finite Elemente Spider Stands out of Germany are way cool looking.

Hope this helped.

Regards,

---
    Editor, PC/Home Theater
    Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity
    My Home Theater
    NEC LT-150 specific page.
    ---
    Editor, PC/Home Theater
    Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity
    My Home Theater
    NEC LT-150 specific page.

Comment

• Mike V
      • Jan 2001

Thanks for the great links John.

Comment

• Crimson
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Mike,
        AA is currently having a closeout on the StandDesign amp stands which seem to be a decent value.

Q.
        Q.

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

I found this thread particularly interesting, as it's something I have thought about this week. How to get back "into" my rack instead of into and on top of. It's just to much stuff on there.

Consolidate a few things by ousting 2 components I don't use anymore, and also moving my stereo amp out front with of course, Silvercats in route! Of course, this is a longer range plan, not immediately. This also sets me up for equal length short main speaker runs where I would also maximize quality with a product built by CAT.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Mike V
            • Jan 2001

Lex,

You brought to my attention a good point, the wires will be visible, looks like it's time to get some new "cool" connections.

I have not decided fully on what to do about the stands yet, i am leaning toward the DIY route. Being pretty handy with the power tools i know i can make something of equal quality or better than what i have seen, for much less than the prices i've found.

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

Well, IMO, not much looks cooler than my Silvercats. Fact is, many of us joked about turning our equipment around backwards just so the CATs could be seen. lol.

Obviously, from a product marketing point of view, this move makes perfect sense for me. But truly, I thought about it from an audiophile perspective first, before realizing, hey, it's a perfect opportunity to show my wares!

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"