X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Wega XBR-400

Anyone here own one yet?

I'm trading my XBR-250 for the 400 soon and would like to hear opinions on the new Wega.

How is it in 1080i mode? Does it automatically double everything to 960i -or can you turn that off (not that I would, but it would be neat to compare)? Will you ever be able to use the SIX available video ins?

I'd also like to know if it uses the same remote codes. I'd hate to have to totally re-program my Pronto again!! I would guess it uses the same codes but who knows?

Thanks,

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

Sili, I don't know much about the new set, but usually, the remote codes don't change to much with Sony televisions I don't think. the RM-AV2000 used to come preprogrammed to handle sony gear. Only way they could do that was to be consistent with the codes.

Let us know when you get the new set!

Lex

Comment

• DavidY
      • Aug 2000

Sili,

OT, do you know what is a good street price on a 32 inch Sony XBR400? A local Sony dealer had quoted me CDN$2700 (US$1800) plus 14% in taxes. I am not even sure what the US or Canadian list price is on this set?

Anyway, this is probably too expensive for me. Until HDTV prices come down and the channel selection goes up, I probably can get by with either the Sony KV32FS12 (US$1055) or the cheaper JVC AV32D201 (CDN$640). Both prices are from a local dealer.

Comment

• SiliGoose
        • Aug 2000

David,

I think US$1800 sounds like a pretty decent price (but that 14% tax sure would hurt!). If you can buy from a US company, try Oade Brothers (http://www.oade.com/). You'll probably have to call for current pricing -their website isn't much help.

Good luck,

-Sili
        www.campmurphy.net

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"