X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clearwaterms
    • Nov 2006

which amp for SV CS-12 25-31 subwoofer

Im not sure if this is the right area to post this, Mod's if it's wrong, im sorry, please feel free to move it.

okay, I ordered my new subwoofer (actually got it on ebay) it's an SVS CS 25-31. I am really excited, however now I need to know what I should use to power it. It says it will handle 350@4 ohms, but the active version only had 190 watts of power.

I am thinking about using a plate amp, and just making a basic box to hold it, and hang it on the wall... given that I really like PE, I was thinking either the 0-audio Bash 300W amplifier, or the PE 240W amplifier.

Which one is better?

or

• John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Welcome to the Guide clearwaterms!

I can tell you this. I've owned a 20-39 CS for a long time (yrs). The amp that I use pumps 125w @ 8ohm. Though I have been curious to try more power (because the sub is rated at 350w), I honestly have never felt the real world need to do so. My setup is very tactile, with good bass definition.

So I think you could be happy with either amp. But, it never hurts to have more power.
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• clearwaterms
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by John Holmes
      Welcome to the Guide clearwaterms!

I can tell you this. I've owned a 20-39 CS for a long time (yrs). The amp that I use pumps 125w @ 8ohm. Though I have been curious to try more power (because the sub is rated at 350w), I honestly have never felt the real world need to do so. My setup is very tactile, with good bass definition.

So I think you could be happy with either amp. But, it never hurts to have more power.
      Thank you for the response. Given the digital nature of the bash amplifier I am thinking that I will probably end up with that one, which is rated a little higher. I don't know if I will use the power, but given the slightly smaller stature of the 25 and higher -3dB point then your 20 having the extra power to get it into that 20 range might help.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

I'd definitely go with the Bash amp. It will drive that sub perfectly well! :T
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• clearwaterms
          • Nov 2006

one last question. I have a JBL e150, it's a 10 inch 100w could I use both at the same time? or would it be better to just put the JBL into storage?

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

To be honest, You can use both...but it probably will take a ton of work to get everything to sound right and be balanced. You'd probably end up using the JBL for the 'upper' low frequencies (ie 20Hz-35Hz) and the SVS for the <25Hz. But the overlap is something you'd have to deal with.

I'd probably just put the JBL to the side until I had another use for it.
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"