Do you ever send your pre/pro/amp in to be cleaned or for PM?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Do you ever send your pre/pro/amp in to be cleaned or for PM?

I was just curious if anyone sends their gear in every so often to clean out dust build-up, to keep them running fresh?

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

good question since we seem to be living in a dust bowl.

Comment

• Crimson
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Actually, I do it myself about once a year or so. You can always send your gear to me you know .

Q.
      Q.

Comment

• Robbie
        • Aug 2000

I usually don't routinely send (or do it myself for that matter) my equipment in for PMs. I do more often clean it if it has moving parts. Amps and the pre/pro, Nah. My Pre amp and my pro both are sealed units (no vents) so very little dirt gets in anyway. My amp has vents both top and bottom so the dust flows right through. I've yet to clean my player but guess I should start thinking about it soon. Nah think I'll watch another movie instead.

Happy cleaning

Robbie

Comment

• Trevor Schell
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I bought a can of compressed air for the purpose of doing this. It comes with a long narrow nozzle for getting into the hard to reach areas. I also us it to clean the dust and build up that occurs on the inside edges of the front flip panel. Works very well.

Trevor
          My HomeTheater S.E.
          Sonically Enhanced
          C5
          Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"