X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stoopalini
    • Aug 2000

Sonance Amps -- Good Quality?

I recently picked up a Sonamp 260 (60w x 2 @ 8 Ohms) for a "Too Good to Pass Up" price, and was wondering what you guys thought about Sonance products.

Sonamp 260 Specs

I have not seen this company discussed on the forums before. Does Sonance make decent Amps?

I currently have it hooked up to my rears (Sound Dynamics RTS-1's) and it sounds better then the internal amps in my Yami 795 receiver.

If I keep it, I will use it to send audio to the rest of my house due to its ability to power up to four pairs of 8 ohm speakers at the same time.

Thanks for your opinions,

Thomas.
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

This is the first that I have heard of them. From the specs at the site, it looks to be a good amp. And it sounds like you are happy with it's performance. I say it must be a good buy!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Lexman
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2000

Sounds like a veritable bargain to me! Of course, not sure what you paid. But I like the specs. Any amp rated to 2 ohms possesses some substantial beef-

Also, welcome back Stoop! Been wondering where you were.

Lex

Comment

• Stoopalini
        • Aug 2000

Well, I traded the amp for a P-166 system that I paid $125 for. So, in reality, I got the amp for $125 :B ... and it was sealed in the box!

I was pretty impressed with the 2 Ohm load capability too. I guess you would need something that can handle the low Ohm's with a distribution amplifier though.

I have in ceiling Mirage's in my garage with an independent volume control (I spend a LOT of time out there) and I think I'm gonna put another pair out on my back deck. So this amp should work great for a parallel config of these speakers.

Hey, thanks Lex! I'm the kind of guy who fades in and out of hobbies, then back in :B
        When my house was being built, all of my equipment was over at my Father's house, so I didn't get a chance to play with it.
        I'm now in my new house, and the HT bug seems to have moved right along with me :W

I picked up the Car Audio hobby in the meantime (needed to get my audiophile fix somewhere) and also bought a full size 4WD Blazer which takes up a lot of time and effort.

Anyway, I'm back and will be posing around a bit more.

Take care,

Thomas.

Comment

• Crimson
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

FYI - Sonanace is used quite a bit in distributed audio systems. Both they and Niles seem to have this particular market covered.

Q.
          Q.

Comment

• Lexman
            Super Senior Member
            • Jun 2000

Great deal Thomas. Well, even I, back in my pre-moderator days drifted in and out a few times. Then something happened, and it seemed the bug was here to stay, lol.

Crimson, also welcome back! Been a while since I saw you too.

Lex

Comment

• Stoopalini
              • Aug 2000

Pre-Moderator days?!? Come on Lex, I thought you put those days behind you :W LOL

To be honest, I knew you back when you were with DT, then HTT, and now HTG. I guess we all grow up and eventually realize what's important in life..........Home Theater! hehehe

Thomas.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"