X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

CATCables.com Grand Opening!

Hello all. Well, you've heard the hype, you've heard the ooohs and ahhhs over these solid silver wire cables I call Silvercats, and now the reality of it is, they are here.

With Grand Opening sale prices going on now, they won't get any cheaper than this folks, and these prices won't last long! (Starting at a mere 32.50 per individual cable on sale)

So, if you've ever wanted to step up to the next level in analog audio performance, check em out-

Also coming soon, an AMP-FIVE combo deal on .5 meter Silvercats.

Hang tough videophiles, we hope to have some video solutions very soon.

Thanks
    CATCables.com
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

FYI, Silvercats have now been tested as a digital interconnect, and appear to handle the duty admirably. I am currently using Cats for D to D (digital to digital), and A to A (analog output stage of pre-pro to analog input stage of amplifier.

Lex

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

guys my pair arrived yesterday afternoon and they are a sight to behold...they're beautiful, well built and sound amazing With the sale on now get off the fence and order a pair.

Comment

• Lexman
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2000

Glad you like the Silvercats Andrew!

Well, there's nothing I can say to top that. There you have it, a totally honest moderator complementing the silvercats.

Either that, or a low down suck up Moderator that doesn't want to tread on the head Cat. Take your pick, lol. Of course, my other satisfied customer doesn't help at the forum and he's very happy. :B

In a week to two weeks, there will be at least a few others to get their opinions on the CATs.

Lex

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

ah come on lex you know me...I don't hold back and tell it like it is after all you are one great guy that has the brains to go along with those rugged good looks and lets not forget the amazing car and anus fibber speaker Ok maybe sometimes I s-t-r-e-t-c-h out the truth a bit but these silver cats are the nicest cables i've ever own period.

Comment

• Lexman
            Super Senior Member
            • Jun 2000

Thanks Andude, I think, :?

There is something about these things, they are quite mesmarizing to look at. In fact, I recommend ordering a .5 meter set just to play with, not to plug in, lol.

Better anus fabers than flat as a pancake Maggie, ROFL.

Lex

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

hey maggie may be flat but at least she has the class not to wear leather

Comment

• Lexman
                Super Senior Member
                • Jun 2000

lol, when it get's sleezy, is when the Sf's are their best.

Lex

Comment

• Trevor Schell
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

I also ordered a set of the 1 meters,,I plan to use them in my HT..Not Sex straps like the others are doing.:E

I will report back my thoughts when I try them out. They should make my system Purr!

Trevor
                  My HomeTheater S.E.
                  Sonically Enhanced
                  C5
                  Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Brad Shifflett
                    • Mar 2001

These are great cables. Order them now! I have never been a cable man before, but I am proud of these. They look amazing, sound great and just look amazing. Love the locking barrell RCA connect. I hope to maybe get some video cables when Lexman gets on it. So I can order a Digital interconnect? Just one cable? hmmmm....

Brad Shifflett
                    "To Buy or Not To Buy, that is the question"
                    Brad Shifflett
                    "To Buy or Not To Buy, that is the question"

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

he he I'm not a cat lover (prefer dogs) but I really like my new kitty's

Comment

• Lexman
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Jun 2000

Trevor, your cables shipped today! you also have a 5.00 credit with CATCables.com due to shipping not being as bad as I expected. Consequently, you could pick up a digital cable for a good deal. Probably 1K Canadian, lol.

Brad and Andrew thanks. I am glad you guys are happy with your CATs. You know, I am not so much the "cat" person either. lol. Sort of ironic really.

Lex

Comment

• Bing Fung
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Aug 2000

Congrat's Lex...

One of these days I will have to rob my loonie and toonie tin so I can come up with the scratch for these super sexy cords...

Bing
                          Bing

Comment

• Crimson
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2000

Lex,
                            Are your cables available with either 3 or 5 pin XLR connectors? Also, do you do custom lengths? I've got a couple of 'phile friends (inlcuding myself) who use a lot of silver cabling.

Q.
                            Q.

Comment

• Lexman
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Jun 2000

Joe,
                              I have not opted to get into XLR, yet- I may soon though. Any suggestions on suppliers or are all of the XLR what I would refer to as "standard quality" type plugs? So far, that's about all I have seen in XLR and I really haven't gotten excited about one yet. Plus, not sure on the level of complexity of these things. IMO, XLR gains you little, until you get into runs of 50-75 feet or more. XLR was designed really for industrial level connections where there can be lots of interferanc. Personally speaking? I don't really care to much for them. But I know some folks do, so I will investigate further. Any tips on suppliers of "good ones" would be appreciated.

Yes, I will do custom lengths. But right now, not sure how much longer than 4 meters I would go for Silvercats. Shorter than .5 meter? We could. 2 feet? We could. 1.5 meter? NP. you get the idea.

Lex

Comment

• Crimson
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Aug 2000

Lex,
                                The friends in question are dead-heads and use pro digital recording gear to make copies of thier concerts. This gear uses the pro AES digital connection standard which is a 5-pin XLR. The 3-pin XLR's are used for balanced connections, and as you said are common in the pro industry. Common manufacturers are AMP (now called Tyco International) and Neutrik. I'm the one who's in the market for a 13-15' pair of standard RCA I/C's.

Q.
                                Q.

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"