X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

Silvercats

Ok, you 2 channel geeks, wake up. CATCables.com is introducing a new wire, hell for that matter, the company is new too, but a special wire called Silvercats. I am really excited about the possibilities of these wires in finely tuned tube setups and high quality 2 channel solid state setups.

I hope you can get excited too when you see the prices that I can put you in Silver for. I think it will put a little dent in cable vodoo out here, by offering top quality craftsmanship as well as materials at a price, not that unlike any high end copper wires available today. I can't wait for some of you 2 channel connesuers to try these wires. Of course, generally, it helps to buy them first. :W

I am prepared to build to order now, at this point. The only thing that won't be complete is a decal for the ends. Anyone that orders now, will get decals mailed to them as soon as they are available. I am estimating in about 10 days or so.

Yes, this is advertising of sorts. But hey, since I own part of the place, I guess that's not a problem huh?

check em out-

• Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

Ok, either there are no two channel buffs with "their ears on", or something is wrong when bona-fide tube junkies even, can't get excited about silver cables! lol.

I would like to see a few mroe two channel posters over here. Hey, two channel is good!

Lex

Comment

• John Kotches
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Lex,

They look intriguing, and to my untrained eye, a lot like the Homegrown Audio Super Silvers or Silver lace in a clear encasing. The photo wasn't detailed enough for me to tell if this was a 3 strand or 8 strand cable.

Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one or two, since I already have some HGAs to compare them with.

I'm not meaning to be insulting or rude, or anything like that, but the similarities are striking.

Regards,

---
      Editor, PC/Home Theater
      Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity
      My Home Theater
      NEC LT-150 specific page.
      ---
      Editor, PC/Home Theater
      My Home Theater

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

John aren't the silver lace's pretty expensive compared to the CAT's?

Comment

• John Kotches
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Andrew, I haven't seen the price on the Silvercats, and I don't know their strand count.

Ahhh. just saw their triple braid, so the appropriate comparison is Super Silvers, not Silver lace, which are < 1/2 the price of the Silver Lace.

Regards,

---
          Editor, PC/Home Theater
          My Home Theater
          ---
          Editor, PC/Home Theater
          My Home Theater

Comment

• Lexman
            Super Senior Member
            • Jun 2000

John, the short side of that is: I won't reveal my sources.

Anyone that determines these are such and such cables or connectors. That's fine, they can talk, speculate, decide what they think they are, or know they are. After all, I am not large enough to have items custom designed yet. So it stands to reason I am buying raw materials from somewhere. But I will NEVER say from who, or how much. What I will tell you, is that I sought out some of the best component parts that I could find, and as well, that attention to detail in construction will never be compromised, nor will quality.

Not many people are better with a soldering iron than I am. That is due to being an accomplished stained glass craftsman as well.

But irregardless, I will never reveal a raw material source on any component parts. Now some models could be readily identifiable by Belden markings, or such as that, and that's fine. No problem with that.

Thanks for your interest though. I would like for you to have a pair or two, lol. OF course, $$$.

I apologize for not having my store up yet. I was able to work on it some, but had some pressing artwork to take care of for my printer, daughter to spend some time with, John Deere to prep for spring, yada yada yada. Oh yeah, and the first pair of SCs that are sold were built over the weekend, and shipping out today! But soon, I will be able to focus on the store, and getting it open. Of course, just opening initially, I will only offer check and paypal options. Eventually, I hope to add CC processing, though probably not real time for security reasons.

Again, it's small steps with my company. That's why I am not in a hurry to break the bank getting a full function, real time CC processing store running.

Yes, it is 3 strand silver wire. The .5 meter pair will be 79.99 a pair, and 5 bucks to ship. Not to bad considering a good copper wire can cost that much.

Thanks,
            Lex

Comment

• John Kotches
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Thanks for not taking offense at my questions Lex.

I swear to you, cables are the true audiophiles fetish ;-)

Either that or even more "tweak-o-mania" stuff.

Let us know when your storefront goes up.

Regards,

---
              Editor, PC/Home Theater
              My Home Theater
              ---
              Editor, PC/Home Theater
              My Home Theater

Comment

• Lexman
                Super Senior Member
                • Jun 2000

John, though my store is far from finished, (Is a website ever truly finished?) I am open for business. In fact, the first customer Brad Shiflett has his cats in house and seems to love them. Additionally, two more sets go next week for sure. So, the Cats are beginning to be on the prowl. Lookout.

Yeah John, I would never take offense to discussions. Just at this point, I am not in a position to say to much. After all, this is sort of new to me, and I want to pay attention to detail and protect my interests. That is if there are any to protect. So far, not much I guess, except a nice little store front going in, brand name, and a helluva nice product.

Lex

Comment

• Lexman
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jun 2000

Ok, enough comparisons have been drawn between Silvercats and Homegrown that I feel it pertinant to mention that Silvercats use a higher end RCA than the Super Silver of Homegrown. To my knowledge, price on Silvercats is equal or less than Homegrown's Super Silver. IF everything else was the same, then Silvercats are still the better value and perhaps the "better cable". (no pun intended).

But then, they aren't exactly the same with the awesome looking Clearcat technology. Also, not taking away from anyone else's cables, but attention to detail in the assembly phase of Silvercats is excellent, as my current customers to date have indicated. Each Silvercat cable is pretested and burned in on my own system, and it's fairly obvious from my stained glass background, that I am quite the accomplished solderer.

Of course, I cannot attest to anyone else's quality, including Audioquest, Kimber, etc... But I can attest to mine. Solid silver wire, Silver solder, excellent quality construction, and a quality assurance from me that if your not satisfied in the first 30 days, you can receive a full refund, as long as the cables are returned to CAT in like new condition and are returned prior to a refund being processed. I also fully warranty the cables for 90 days, AND am putting a program in place where customers that purchase CAT Cables can at any time, get repairs done for fair prices. Simply return the cables to CAT, pay a 19.99 service and shipping fee, (US only) and pay for any parts used, (determined after cable is received), and the customer should receive same week turn around.

Repairs from Canada are available, but due to changes in the insured shipping from Canada, unless the customer wants the cables shipped without insurance (their responsibility), service from Canada starts at $29.99 USD insured + parts. Of course, in addition to that, it is the customer's responsibility to return them to CAT. The 29.99 only pays service charge and return shipping with insurance. I will ship to gamblers for the same rates as US insured, but in uninsured mode. This also applies to all Canadian orders up front. Simply, it costs me more, so I have to pass that on in insured mode. Uninsured pays same as US shipping.

Thanks,

Lex
                  CATCables.com

Comment

• Lexman
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Jun 2000

Oh yeah, the original timeline on the CAT labels got pushed back due to graphical art problems. Looks to be 1 week to 10 days from 3/28/01. So, while the list is growing, anyone that wants to retrofit their Silvercats will be able to do so.

Thanks,
                    Lex

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"