X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armbender
    • Jul 2005

Marantz DV9600

I see on the Marantz site it is only offered in black but in this link http://www.hdtvuk.tv/dvd_players/index.html it is in silver. I much prefer the silver if it is available. Does anybody know if it is sold.

Also, because it is a 1080p player, would it look good on a 1080i tv? Im not too swift on the tv conversions and formats
    Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Marantz offer their products in Europe and Asia in silver finishes. Not here in the US.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Armbender
      • Jul 2005

Ok thanks...How about pic qual;ity with a 1080i TV. I have a Samsung HLP5685W DLP. I currently have a RDV1060 but would like to upgrade to the marantz line if it is worth it. I wont be upgrading my tv for some time though
      Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords

Comment

• Aldo
        • Sep 2005

Shure it makes a difference, I upgrade my marantz DVD to the DV9600 and it worth every penny, BUT my unit and some others in this forum are having problems because the 9600 gets very hot and after about 2 hours the image turns red, blue, etc until you turn it off and let it cool!

Comment

• Armbender
          • Jul 2005

WOW I cant say i like that problem as my components are very enclosed but the wife is allowing me to upgrade 1 component so im trying to weigh the pros and cons as my choices are the 9600 a C2 or the Marantz CD player.

Comment

• Armbender
            • Jul 2005

How does the 9600 compare to the D3? Since i am going to go with a parasound pre/pro

Comment

• chinets
              • Jun 2005

DV9600 is available in Silver and In all multi -Region formats. I bought this in Europe!!

Yes, it is a 1080p player ,and looks sesational on 1080i TV !!!!

The best DVD player I have ever bought ,and fantastic for SACD and DVD-A in Multichannel WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It does run HOT though, so don't put it over a processor, Amp etc...
              I use a professional fan and it keeps it as cool as a cucumber and works for hours and hours with NO problems whatsoever with colour, picture, sound or anything.

A little fussy on copies and burnt material ,otherwise I would consider it the GOD of all Universal players!!!

My 2 cents!!

Cheers!

Comment

• JudyLou
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by chinets
                It does run HOT though, so don't put it over a processor, Amp etc...
                I use a professional fan and it keeps it as cool as a cucumber and works for hours and hours with NO problems whatsoever with colour, picture, sound or anything.

Cheers!
                Mus say - that running hot still bothers me - it's not surpose to do that - there is definitely something wrong. Have you ever tried writing to Marantz? – Did you get a response?

Lourens

Comment

• chinets
                  • Jun 2005

They do run a little hot if placed on a processor or Amp etc.. Otherwise very normal heat as most equipment.
                  I have spoken to Marantz and they say that it should run a little hot with Video but not with SACD or DVD-A and they are true!!!
                  This baby is a keeper and a brilliant performer especially In SACD and DVD-A!! I must say the picture cannot get better IMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"