Having a spouse that is into HT isn't always good:)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Having a spouse that is into HT isn't always good:)

My wife loves HT. I guess to most this would be a blessing (and it is). However, she has this one major problem... It seems that because there is not late fees with a rental from Netflix, this is an excellent excuse to allow a movie to sit for an average of 10 or more days!

Now if this was a rental from Blockbuster etcetera, it would have been watched that evening, the next day at worst.

I guess I should just be happy that she really supports my habit.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

Well, the answer to that is "his n hers' Netflix accounts! Or maybe, you should get the Blockbuster 20 buck deal that's going now. 1 a day for 30 days. It's not bad at all, I am doing it and have seen a lot of movies I would never have bought. Been very entertaining.

As to the wife? I can't find one woman on this planet that can tollerate me, let alone my audio video addiction. Oh yeah, wait til she sees the CATCable factory in the dining room. That's sure to be a crowdpleaser, lol.

Lex

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

A second Netflix account is not an option, I am not that happy with their service. I will try the BB deal though!

As far as finding "The One", it is a tough road without an addiction period. I had to find a woman as mean as I am to make it work.8)

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• migliore
        • Nov 2000

Know the feeling.. we sometimes have netflix lying around for a MONTH. Sometimes she just wants to send it back thinking that we'll NEVER watch it. I say, "that cost us $5 to sit there for a month - like fun we're sending it back unwatched".

Sometimes we'll sending stuff back immediately unwatched. Like, why did we rent this?? We blame each other for putting crap in the queue!

I'm carrying the BB $20 card for now. Good for new flix. Netflix is good for selection. Netflix used to be better about a year ago. They keep changing the service (ie, making it worse - to turn more $$). It was perfect, being able to mark a flick that you mailed it immediately. I had thru-put of 15+ movies in some months!

Rob

Reviews and System
        Reviews and System

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

I wouldn't say my wife supports my addiction, but she has learned to accept it.Every now and then she'll turn white with fear ( for our bank account) when I start talking about some upgrade addition to the HT.I always say,"This is the last addition. I don't need anything else." Then along comes DTS 6.1 discrete and away I go.

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

When ever I say upgrade she will say: " I don't know why you just don't buy the best to began with!" I just smile. She dosen't realize that sky is the limit in this hobby.:B

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"