X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ken McDaniel
    • Aug 2000

Commence drooling

Behold the latest product line from Sonus Faber. Standing behind the Solo center sits the key product of my interest, the Sonus Faber GRAVIS powered subwoofer. Utilizing an active driver powered by 200W rms with 2 passive radiators. Already appearing on Audiogon, it looks like this beauty will be coming in around $1500-1700 direct from Italy. I have no idea what the performance specs are, much less how it sounds. I'll provide more information as it develops.

Ken
    Ken
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

hmm looks interesting. New centre looks cool...very B&W like

Comment

• Ken McDaniel
      • Aug 2000

Andrew, that's the new phase-correct time alignment. I can't argue with the results. After hearing the new center first hand, I can confidently say it's a winner.

Ken
      Ken

Comment

• Lexman
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2000

Ahhh yes, I think I can drool a little here.

Ken, please post this in duplication over at "The Inner Sanctum". I think it's worthy of a double post.

Thanks,

Lex

Comment

• gil
          • Dec 2000

I agree. The new Solo Home looks very much like a B&W center. I really like my B&W CDMse center and opted not to take the plunge on the Solo when I got my Concertos. Still haven't heard this new speaker yet but it already has me itching to upgrade.

I think one thing that I like about this type of center is that it is much more like a pancaked Concerto with the same two drivers instead of the dual mid/woofs. Seems that it should be a closer acoustical match to the Concertos.

I'm not sure the time-aligned thing is something to get excited about though. What are we talking microseconds?

Anyone see any real specs for the Solo Home?
          (See my topic in the Inner Sanctum.)
          Gil

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"